Ricky Blaze, the innovative Brooklyn producer known for igniting records with an infectious dancehall riddim and reggae flavor delivers a new video for his latest single, “Take Ya Money” featuring pop recording artist Chelley. This is the second collaboration from the two Brooklynite’s, Ricky Blaze also produced Chelley’s 2009 Billboard chart ascending hit “Took The Night.”
“Take Ya Money” will be available at all digital retailers tomorrow, March 11 via Ultra Music.
“Take Ya Money” was recently featured on New York’s Hot 97 Battle of the Beats, and has been described as an “absolute banger” by Complex.com. Blaze and Chelley recently appeared as a special guest on the East Village Radio show Universopolis, and will guest star on PNC Radio Straight Shooters.
At only 24 years old, Ricky Blaze has become one of the most dynamic and successful producers in music. Over the past few years his classic Reggae & Pop hits have ignited the airwaves and kept dance floors across the globe sizzling. In his teens, Blaze held down an on-air position at a popular Brooklyn pirate station Waah Gwan Radio. It was there where Blaze personally broke Ding Dong’s 2006 dancehall mega smash “Bad Man Forward, Bad Man Pull Up,” the first record he had ever produced. Blaze later moved on to produce the 2010 summer smash hit Gyptian’s “Hold Yuh” and he also introduced himself as a artist with his affable ode to love “Just You And I.”
Ricky has gone on to produce records for the likes of Jazmine Sullivan (“Luv Back, co-produced with Missy Elliot), Vybz Kartel (“Touch A Button”) and has worked with Major Lazer (“Keep It Going Louder”) and Diplo, as well as Sanitgold’s “Disparate Youth”. On his Fool’s Gold debut Crash The Party, Ricky added even more styles to his catalog, melding up tempo dancehall with ’90s-inspired house vibes for undeniable party cuts, including the title tracks “Lightaz” and “The Bass”.
Keep up with Ricky Blaze:
Keep up with Chelley:
- Amine Edge & DANCE release Chelley 'Took The Night' remix on UltraMusic
- Pelussje release video for Carol Williams 'Love Is You' ft. Deadmau5, Skrillex, Miley Cyrus and more
- Medina, Denmark's #1 Female Electro Pop Icon Releases 'Junkie' New Single From Forthcoming LP “Forever” on Ultra Music
- Watch Alex Gaudino's Official Video "Missing You" ft. Nicole Scherzinger
- Medina Announces Sophomore U.S. Full-Length Album "Forever" 12/10 on Ultra Music
- Stream: Officer Down 'Pull The Last Punch' from new album 'Dead Lands' on TNS Records