Vinyl collectors, make room on your shelf – Ronnie James Dio’s This Is Your Life tribute compilation is set to be released as a special edition double red color-vinyl LP on July 8, 2014 via Rhino Records! July 8th is just two days before Ronnie’s birthday, making this release even more special to fans and collectors alike. You can pre-order your copy via Amazon here: http://amzn.com/B00K7N2IPU
See below for a full listing of the tracks on each side:
1. NEON KNIGHTS – Anthrax
2. THE LAST IN LINE – Tenacious D
3. THE MOB RULES – Adrenaline Mob
4. RAINBOW IN THE DARK – Corey Taylor, Jason Christopher, Christian Martucci, Roy Mayorga, Satchel
1. STRAIGHT THROUGH THE HEART – Halestorm
2. STARSTRUCK – Motörhead with Biff Byford
3. THE TEMPLE OF THE KING – Scorpions
4. EGYPT (THE CHAINS ARE ON) – Doro
1. HOLY DIVER – Killswitch Engage
2. CATCH THE RAINBOW – Glenn Hughes, Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Scott Warren, Simon Wright
3. I – Oni Logan, Jimmy Bain, Rowan Robertson, Brian Tichy
1. MAN ON THE SILVER MOUNTAIN – Rob Halford, Doug Aldrich, Vinny Appice, Jeff Pilson, Scott Warren
2. RONNIE RISING MEDLEY (featuring “A Light In The Black,” “Tarot Woman,” “Stargazer,” “Kill The King”) – Metallica
3. THIS IS YOUR LIFE – Dio
This Is Your Life is a tribute album created to raise funds for the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund (www.diocancerfund.org), which features an all-star group of his friends and fans performing 13 of their favorite Ronnie James Dio tracks. The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable fund dedicated to supporting cancer-prevention research, raising awareness and educating the public about the vital importance of early detection and prevention, and was co-founded by Dio’s longtime manager and wife, Wendy Dio. 100% of the monies received from this album by the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund goes directly into cancer research.
Produced by Wendy Dio, widow of Ronnie James Dio and Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund President/Founder, This Is Your Life includes contributions by such metal heavyweights as Metallica, Scorpions, Anthrax, Glenn Hughes and Rob Halford, as well as appearances by many of the musicians who performed with Dio over the years. See below for a full tracklisting, chock full of renditions by today’s most stellar classic, heavy metal and hard rock artists!
See what the press is saying about This Is Your Life:
“If a Mount Rushmore-style monument existed for metalheads, the late Ronnie James Dio would certainly be on it … Dio gets a proper salute in the form of Ronnie James Dio: This Is Your Life…”
– Entertainment Weekly
“What makes the album a true standout is the list of Big Metal Names who have gathered to pay homage: Anthrax, Motörhead, Slipknot’s Corey Taylor, the Scorpions. Also, comedy-rock duo Tenacious D, who once smarmily asked Dio to pass them the torch of rock, pay their respects with a mostly reverent, recorder-studded rendition of his 1984 single “The Last in Line.” And Metallica, whose Lars Ulrich says the similarities between their own thrash blitzes and Dio’s classic, epic heavy metal style are not so oblique, recorded a stunning, nine-minute medley of Rainbow tracks.”
– Rolling Stone
“Two Horns Up… Tops here is an epic 9-minute medley by Metallica that starts and ends with “A Light In The Black” and weaves in “Tarot Woman,” ”Stargazer” and the frenetic concert opener “Kill The King,” probably Dio’s best Rainbow song. Adrenaline Mob’s cover of “The Mob Rules” sounds so much like Dio it’s scary and Anthrax adds a molten version of “Neon Knights.”
– Associated Press
“A star-studded cast has been brought together to pay tribute to Dio by recording songs from Black Sabbath, Rainbow and Dio… This is a must buy…”
“A diminutive yet larger than life and remarkably stalwart knight of the heavy metal round table who could silence a sold-out arena with a single note and then elicit a thunderous roar with the flash of a horned hand, the late Ronnie James Dio is as worthy of veneration as any metal god, and this 2014 tribute album, which was organized by his wife Wendy and raises money for his own Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund, offers up 14 reasons why.”
“Dio earned the love and respect of metal fans and his fellow musicians because of his incredible singing voice and his great catalog of songs. But, more importantly, because he never sold out. That appreciation for all three of those things is evident on Ronnie James Dio: This Is Your Life…”
bout The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund
The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund is a privately funded 501(c)(3) charity organization which has already raised more than $600,000 in its short history. Monies raised to date have been committed to the cancer research work of the T. J. Martell Foundation for Cancer, AIDS and Leukemia Research and the gastric cancer research unit of the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, where Ronnie was treated for gastric cancer during the last six months of his life
- Ronnie James Dio to release 'This Is Your Life' cover album Apr.1
- Tangled Talk Records announce new website and Free Compilation
- Asher Media Relations Offers FREE Valentine's Compilation 'Cupid Metal! Love Hurts! Love Scars!
- KID Recordings & Nerdy Frames Release Free Compilation 'Transitions'
- Cillie Barnes featured on Warby Parker Artists in Residence compilation
- Metal Blade Records announce POWERWOLF 'The History Of Heresy' box set and Picture Discs of 'Lupus Dei' and 'Return In Bloodred'