UK duo Royal Blood (23 year-old vocalist/bassist Mike Kerr and 25 year-old drummer Ben Thatcher) will return to the U.S. in May for live dates in New York and Los Angeles. The trip will follow the band’s recent sold out headline tour in the UK, a slot on the N.M.E. tour with Interpol, a nomination for the BBC Sound of 2014 poll, and four jam-packed sets at the 2014’s SXSW Music Conference and Festival in Austin, Texas. Tickets for the three newly announced U.S. dates will be available beginning this Friday, March 28th at 9:00 AM local time (ticket links below). Today it was also announced that the band will perform at Lollapalooza in Chicago, IL on August 2nd.
Upcoming U.S. Live Dates
5/12 – Glasslands – Brooklyn, NY | Tickets
5/13 – Mercury Lounge – New York, NY | Tickets
5/15 – The Roxy – Los Angeles, CA | Tickets
8/2 – Lollapalooza – Chicago, IL | Tickets
Royal Blood is a mixture of anguished vocals, ferocious drumming and bass that provides intricate detail as well as a rumble of rhythm. The duo’s sound is a result of a lineage that stretches from present day heroes Queens of the Stone Age to the influential Led Zeppelin, and all the way back to early blues pioneers… yet this huge wall of sound emerges from just two men. In next to no time, the two have earned critical praise following the release of their debut single “Out of the Black” on the band’s own label Black Mammoth Records last year. Now signed to Warner Bros. Records in the U.S., the label released Royal Blood’s debut EP Out of The Black EP on March 18th.
Royal Blood will return to the studio later this spring to put the finishing touches on their debut full-length album due to be released before the end of the year.
- Royal Blood announce NY and LA performances; Jimmy Kimmel May 16
- Royal Blood to release S/T debut album Aug 25 on Warner Bros. Records; stream new single now
- Meg Myers announces Fall tour dates and joins Royal Blood on US trek
- Eli 'Paperboy' Reed to release debut 'Nights Like This' Apr.29 on Warner Bros. Records
- Built to Spill announce May tour dates; tickets on sale now
- Godhunter announce tour with Secrets of the Sky; 'City Of Dust' preorders