Cinematic psych outfit Saint Agnes have released their new single, ‘A Beautiful Day for Murder’ via visceral London Label Energy Snake Records. The track is a twisted ballad; a love song to death itself. ‘It’s the soundtrack to a dark and beautiful Western where Lana Del Ray stares down nick Cave in a saloon bar stand-off’ says founding member Kitty Austen, who fronts the band with Jon Tufnell. After releasing their debut single as a duo and packing out The Sebright Arms in suitably raucous fashion, the pair return with a trademark slice of cinematic, Tarantino-style lushness.
B-side ‘Where the Lightning Strikes’ is blues stomping, dirty rock n roll with psychedelic organs, screaming guitars and haunting harmonica. ‘Imagine Ennio Morricone writing the score for a remake of Easy Rider.’
Jon and Kitty met whilst playing in their respective bands (The Lost Souls Club & Lola Colt) and immediately bonded over musical influences. Their onstage chemistry is palpable and they are now joined by Matt Devine and Ben Chernett, the no-nonsense bass and drums powerhouse who dress as sharply as The Bad Seeds.
Saint Agnes are very much a DIY band and like fellow psych-collective Temples, record and produce their own music in their East London studio and have directed both upcoming music videos.
‘The pair’s raw chemistry proves as potent as ever as they dish out a grinding splurge of defiant rock n’ roll’ Q
‘Dirty, sleazy, rock ‘n’ roll …scorching’ Clash
‘Can proudly say, this is a great record’ Steve Lamacq
- Saint Agnes release new music video 'Old Bone Rattle'
- Featured Video: Saint Agnes release 'A Beautiful Day For Murder' music video
- Pysch duo Saint Agnes to release new single Jun.10 on Energy Snake Records
- Saint Agnes release cover of The Doors 'Roadhouse Blues'
- Bleeding Rainbow releases track 'Images' from new album "Interrupt' out Feb.28 on Kanine Records
- Bear Hands Summer tour dates with Cage The Elephant, Junior Prom and Total Slacker