Founded in 2011 Sakara quickly gained attention in their hometown of Springfield, MA. The band was founded on the desire to have no limits with their music, blending influences from heavy rock/metal to atmospheric and jazz like flavors. Critics have hailed their sound as a cross between Chevelle meets system of a down. Members Joe Rogers (Tempus Mori) and Cody Bryden ironically met through an ad on craigslist to sell some equipment that each other wanted. They realized that they both had similar musical tastes and started to write songs together. Vocalist Dan O’Brien and drummer Mike Bilodeau were added after meeting Cody in a local club and hearing an early demo recording.
Shortly after the line up was complete Joe and Cody opened a recording studio in their hometown which spawned Sakara’s two EPs and full length album. “Having a recording studio at our fingertips has been amazing” say Cody. “We have been able to really dig into song ideas and work on material faster than we ever thought possible”. In their short time together the band has opened for many national acts along the east coast and has also been getting regular air time on Lazer 99.3 out of Springfield MA, as well as, The Rock 106.9 out of Hartford, CT.
In April of 2013 the band was approached by Chicago, IL based label Pavement Entertainment. Headed up by President and industry veteran Mark Nawara and Director of A&R Tim King (also of the band SOiL), Sakara quickly signed a patnership deal with the label. Sakara is currently putting finishing touches on their debut album scheduled for a late 2013 release. The band will continue to branch out of the Massachusetts area and plans for a full length tour to coincide with the album’s release.
Dan O’Brien: Vocals, Guitar
Cody Bryden: Lead/Rhythm Guitars
Joe Rogers: Bass, Programming
Mike Bilodeau: Drums
- Feel Never Real to release 'Rock Rebel Gold' Apr.15 on Pavement Entertainment
- Knoxville's Straight Line Stitch announce new EP 'Transparency' June 30 on Pavement Ent.
- ONE signs to Pavement Entertainment; new album details
- Scent Of Remains to release 'Under A Blackened Sky' Jan. 21 via Pavement Entertainment
- Romantic Rebel to release s/t debut album Apr.29 on Pavement Entertainment
- Swedish rock band Days Of Jupiter to release full stream of new album 'Only Ashes Remain'