Montreal progressive death metallers Samskaras have just released their second single, “Red Hill” along with a lyric video created by Big James Arsenian (Endast).
Samskaras is the new metal project founded by Montreal-based musician Eric Burnet (Derelict). With songs written from an exploratory perspective, influences as far-flung as Gorguts, The Ocean, Enslaved, Wood Of Ypres, The Faceless, Gojira and more are mixed into inventive combinations. Burnet is joined by drummer Alexandre Dupras, known for his work with (the)Plasmarifle, Unhuman and Teramobil.
“Red Hill” tells the story of one of Burnet’s actual ancestors, from his birth in a London jail during the industrial revolution to his establishing a family in Canada. Read more in the recent feature interview published by NoCleanSinging.com: http://www.nocleansinging.com/2014/10/30/an-ncs-premiere-samskaras-red-hill/
“Red Hill” was proceeded on October 16th by a debut single called “Consecrate” and it’s associated playthough video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzYgU7dOSyk. The songs are available as pay-what-you-want downloads at http://samskarasmetal.bandcamp.com, as well as on iTunes and more.
Please visit Samskaras at
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Mickey Avalon releases new video for title track of 'I Get Even' EP
- Alt-Pop duo Yell For Help release video for 'Trigger Happy'
- Minor Alps (Juliana Hatfield / Matthew Caws) debut music video for "Waiting For You"
- New York singer-songwriter Shayna Leigh shares 'Wake Me When It's Christmas' video