Schematic, the new project from Dave Elkins, the former lead-singer and primary songwriter for the band Mae has signed with Spartan Records and will release its debut effort, “Color (n.) Inside The Lines”, on December 3rd.
After a very successful decade fronting the beloved indie-powerhouse Mae, Dave Elkins packed his bags and relocated to Nashville for the start of something new. With four LP’s, three EP’s, and over half a million album sales under his belt worldwide, Elkins longed to refine his approach to making records, to experiment with the unknown. The result emerged under the moniker Schematic, and in the form of a brilliant and breathtakingly complex record, “Color (n.) Inside The Lines”.
The lead single “Stand” is now streaming on USA Today at: http://goo.gl/g276ZP.
“Stand” is also now available to purchase on iTunes: http://spr.tn/schmtcstnd
“Color (n.) Inside The Lines” is available to pre-order on the following formats: Digital, CD, and Gatefold Double Vinyl. Three vinyl variants are available for pre-order (pictures attached).
Spartan Records is making 250 each of the following variants:
Half & Half (Blue/Red + Yellow/Green)
Red + Yellow
Every pre-order, regardless of format will include a full album download plus 3 bonus tracks on December 3rd.
There are also t-shirt bundles available for each physical edition.
Limited copies of the CD and vinyl will be available at indie retailers for Record Store Day’s “Black Friday” on November 29th. The vinyl will be a retail exclusive – Transparent Blood Red Gatefold Double Vinyl. Only 500 of those are being made.
- Schematic, new project of Dave Elkins from MAE posts lyric video for lead single "Stand"
- Schematic, New Project of Dave Elkins From MAE Posts Lyric Video; Debut Album "Color (n.) Inside The Lines" Out December 3rd
- Spartan Records Releases Free Download Sampler Featuring Tracks From Schematic, Daisyhead, Mae, Shy, Low and More
- Mae announces dates for second leg of Anniversary tour and vinyl re-release on Spartan Records
- Virginia Beach-based Demons signs to Spartan Records to release debut EP June 16
- Trespassers release 'Dead End' lyric video; new EP out Feb.24 on Spartan Records