Álauda makes her music on a Reel-to-reel recorder and a Fairlight sampler that she found at an airport.
A singer, songwriter and producer, Álauda records drums in a train tunnel near her family home and describes her creative process as “like painting patterns, marking outlines, stirring silence and running fast in thick fog.”
Álauda‘s debut track, ‘Falling Star’ surfaced online in late 2013 and was described by Dummy as “incredible… driven by deep, tribal-rythmic pulse, twanging guitars and Alauda’s butter-melting voice.”, whilst TLOBF said it had “so much texture it could be knitted out of a thousand sounds”.
Soon after that ‘Cyan Water’ appeared, reaffirming her talents and showcasing another side to her beguiling sound.
Álauda changes form with every movement and each of her songs leaves a different shaped footprint in a path she is treading on her own unique landscape.
‘Honey Priest’ becomes Álauda‘s latest song to emerge and continues with her otherworldly narratives. Accomplished by a suitably intriguing video it’s evident Álauda’s creative flair spans further than the music.
“Incredible, butter-melting sounds” – Dummy
“wildly varied genres in a tantalising cocktail of dramatically fashioned pop…multi-instrumented melodrama.” – This Is Fake DIY
“stunning atmos-pop” – The Line Of Best Fit
Stream ‘Cyan Water’:
For more on Álauda:
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Indirections release new single from 'Clockworks' out Feb. 25 on Invogue Records
- Frank Turner to release 'Polaroid Picture' EP Feb. 4 on Xtra Mile/Interscope Records
- 19 Year old Matthew Fowler to release debut album 'Beginning' Mar.25; stream track now
- IKillYa announces signing to MegaForce Records and music video release
- Framing Hanley release new single and tour dates with Three Days Grace