L.A.-based alt-rock trio SIR SLY cover Arcade Fire’s “Afterlife.” Click HERE to hear their rendition.
“‘Afterlife’ is one of my favorite songs, said lead vocalist and songwriter Landon Jacobs. “The original song is so upbeat, but the lyrics are very morose, so I always wanted to hear what it would be like to slow the song down a bit and really dive into the darkness at the center. The song came together really quickly once Hayden had the idea to use the triplet beat in the chorus and Jason played that arpeggiating synth at the end.”
SIR SLY are set to release their full length debut You Haunt Me on September 16 via Cherrytree/Interscope Records. Listen to the first single and title track, “You Haunt Me”HERE. The band is currently on a national headline tour with label mates WOLF GANG. The month long “Cherrytree Presents” tour wraps September 29 at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles. Click HERE for further tour dates and info.
SIR SLY is Landon Jacobs, drummer Hayden Coplen and keyboardist Jason Suwito. The band wrote, mixed, mastered and produced the album themselves. You Haunt Me is the follow up to the band’s 2013 EP GOLD.
- Sir Sly release debut full length album 'You Haunt Me' Sept.16 on Cherrytree/Interscope Records
- Sir Sly announce North American tour with Kongos
- Cherrytree Records Presents: Sir Sly and Wolf Gang co-headline tour with Secret Someones
- Sir Sly Offer Free Download of New Song "Miracle"; Fall Tour Dates Announced
- French Producer Kulkid to release remix of Brandy & Monica's 'The Boy Is Mine'
- Young Statues to release 'The Flatlands Are Your Friend' Oct. 21 on Run For Cover Records