New York City’s very own SKATERS have announced that the title of their upcoming debut album will be Manhattan, which will be released by Warner Bros. Records on February 25, 2014 in the U.S. and February 24, 2014, in the U.K.
To celebrate the arrival of new music from SKATERS, we have a very special version of “Deadbolt” remixed by Twin Shadow will have its world premiere via i-D Magazine’s website, www.i-donline.com, on October 24th for 24 hours only.
The official video for “Deadbolt” premiered last week in the U.K. via NME.com. click here to view.
Also, if you’re in Manhattan tonight, October 23rd , SKATERS are headlining a show at Glasslands for the NY portion of Japan’s New Year’s World Rock Fest, a television show that is filming a series of concerts in Tokyo, Seoul, Shangha, London and New York, Hosted by Japanese Rock Legend Yuya Uchida. The mutli-city event will be broadcast on Fuji TV – Japan’s biggest terrestrial television station on New Year’s Eve. Click here for tickets.
As previously announced, the album’s first vinyl single is “Deadbolt,” and will be released digitally on October 29th, and pressed on the ever-popular 7″ vinyl format (yes, an actual single!) and available for sale on Black Friday / Record Store Day, November 29th.
- SKATERS Revise Dates with Palma Violets
- NYC's Skaters announce debut album, new single & tour news
- Skaters to perform on MTV Hive
- SKATERS Launch Pre-Order for Debut Album, Manhattan
- SKATERS album release party at Bowery Ballroom on Feb 24th
- SKATERS Announce Spring Headline Tour in Support of Debut Album Manhattan