Raleigh, NC indie rockers Slinger Francisco have signed with Autumn + Colour. The band plans to release a series of singles, one each month, leading up the release of the band’s debut album. The first song, “Finales” will be available for purchase on October 22, but is premiering today on Diffuser at: http://diffuser.fm/slinger-francisco-finales-exclusive-song-premiere. “Finales” was recorded at K House Recording Studios in Raleigh, NC and produced by James Childs in Nashville, TN.
Formed in Raleigh, NC in early 2011 by guitarist Brendon Bass, singer Doug Chambers and drummer Andrew Felton, Slinger Francisco (who got their moniker from the birth name of The Mighty Sparrow, “Calypso King of the World”) challenges each of their songs to take its own identity. Case in point: their first song had a Midwest emo-synth vibe, while their second was a Viennese rock waltz. 2012 brought a 4-song EP and a change in lineup, with Matt Howe on bass and synth. 2013 saw Thomas Earp adding vocals and guitar to the mix. Slinger Francisco acknowledges the cynic while celebrating the mystic; pinning down a focused sound marked by melancholy lyrics and upbeat piano rock.
- Autumn + Colour Rebrands, Launches New Website and Announces Two New Signings
- Autumn + Colour signs Killing Kuddles; stream new single 'Nobody'
- LONERS SOCIETY Sign with Autumn + Colour; 'King City Sessions' EP Out Feb 11
- The Crash Years to release 'Cope' Feb. 4 on Autumn + Colour Records
- The Crash Years 'Cope' EP review
- To Set Ablaze to release new album Aug 5 on Autumn + Colour