Indie rock band These Knees have been writing songs and wooing audiences since the winter of 2010. Originally a solo endeavor by lead-singer and guitarist, Stephanie Trivison, These Knees soon picked up long-time friend and seasoned drummer, Rob Hassing, followed by bassist Bryan Robinson and just recently, guitarist, Jesse Scaggs – formerly of Bethesda. Trivison’s melodic vocals set against the band’s widespread range, come together to create everything from lyrically sweet, acoustic jams to no-holds-barred, toxic rock ballads. The Cleveland-based band released their first LP ‘The Young and the Bright’ in 2013 and are currently honing their efforts on a second album, set to release in 2015.
These Knees have opened for a long list of celebrated bands including American Authors, Wild Cub, Jenny Owen Youngs and Bad Suns, and have played festivals including Fashion Meets Music Festival, Weapons of Mass Creation, and The New York Songwriter’s Circle.
Raves and reviews:
“…Her band’s terrific new album, The Young and the Bright, sounds a bit like Tegan and Sara and features feisty tunes that have a Violent Femmes-like spirit to them.”
– Jeff Niesel, Music Editor, Scene Magazine
“I was immediately drawn in by the strength of the songs. Some bands can be great bands but they really only have 1 or 2 hooks that really dig in and get stuck in your head – every song she sang had that kind of infectious melody.”
– Justin Markert, Cellar Door
“Mastering a totally wonderful album by These Knees today. This continues to be the sweetest gig ever.”
– Chris Keffer, Magnetic North Studios
- Seether teams up with Live Nation to live-stream May 12th performance in Cleveland, OH
- The Ready Set premiere 'Fangz' video shot live at Grog Shop on Halloween on Vevo
- Cleveland-based Motives signs with InVogue Records and release 'Timeless' video/single
- Cleveland four piece Hit The Ground Running releases new EP
- Eyal Levi (Audiohammer Studios) to hold "Unstoppable Recording Machine" audio boot camp next month
- Indie-rock band The Vaccines share new music video '20/20' from latest album on Columbia Records