You will not soon forget the day when heard the name Dorine Levy- already on the lips of industry taste makers, bloggers, and festival programmers, Levy has quite possibly put together the perfect 12 song LP entitled Underwater; which plays host to a lush collection of songs with over 6 singles, “There for Me”, “New Lover”, “Cowboy Fest”, “Lenyrose”, “Mab”, and “Wake Up”…and we haven’t even mentioned the other 6 gems yet…but we do know that indie pop will never be the same.
Now in her prime; years ago Dorine first cut her teeth at the ripe young age of 16 years when she produced/performed on the lead single for the ambient ‘Nine Beach’ compilation with a song entitled- “La Mort”, selling over 50,000 units world wide. Her 2008 debut EP soon followed with the track “Falling Star” which was picked up by international fashion brands including, H&M, Zara, River Island, etc. for national campaigns; and in turn got Dorine Levy selected as the ‘top 5 International acts’ category at the Australian Music Awards (MTV Australia) in 2010.. An incredible accolade, especially since she had never had set foot in the continent before.
Now with the forth coming release of Underwater, in 2013 Dorine Levy and her band were invited to perform around the world at key industry and media events, including SXSW, CMJ, Indie Week Canada, Nouvelle Prague, as well as countless festival and club shows averaging over nearly a hundred live dates so far.
If you haven’t experienced pure indie pop splendor, called Dorine Levy, you ought to…she brings it in spades~
- Indie pop songstress Bernadine releases stunning 'I Don't Mind' video from debut album
- LA based pop/rock band Starling Glow release brand new single 'Ignite'
- American-French artist Allyson Ezell releases new single 'Talk To Me' on Universal Music
- Pastel-haired pop princess That Poppy shares new track 'Everybody Wants to be Poppy' on Island Records
- Female-fronted Hour 24 release live music video 'Take Me Away'
- Industrial pop-rock star Valerie Gentile shares new single 'Fuck Yes'