London based singer-songwriter Brooke Sharkey was raised between France and England. At the age of 16, her musician Father gave Brooke the best piece of advice, which was go out on the street and start busking the first few songs she’d written.
Since then Brooke has released 2 Eps and her Debut album ‘One dress’ released in December last year. Her First album and this next EP were both crowd funded online. Brooke has toured the UK, France and Italy with her backing band, and still busks to this day on London’s markets.
Brooke has lured a considerable audience with her intense and expressive style, drawing the listener into her ever more narrative songs with a spacious backdrop of chanson, blues, folk and Latin music.
Her current band consists of Adam Beattie on double bass and backing vocals, a singer/ songwriter in his own right who often shares the concert with Brooke. Leander Lyons (Into the moon) on electric guitar and Barny C Rockford on drums. Her new EP ‘I crossed the line’ is to be released on the 28th May. The launch is at Wilton’s music hall, London. which is part of a UK tour happening in May and June. They also have dates in France from the 9th June.
Radio 6- Mary Anne Hobbs ‘ She’s sure to stop you in your tracks…Really is so beautiful…’
The Observer ‘Brooke has an incredible voice, amazing control and Grace’
Time out London- It’s an aural treat!
Folk radio ‘Irresistible music’ with ‘..a vocal performance that seems to switch effortlessly between lithely melodic and fiery’
- Anyone's Guess set to release 'March In The Dark' Chapter 1 EP on Red Dragon Records
- Step Echo release single from new album 'Songs For The Broken' on Red Dragon Records
- 1st Renaissance: A Red Dragon Records compilation review
- Red Dragon Records releases 2nd Renaissance - Indie Music Compilation
- Sonya Titus release new video for 'Love Transfusion'
- No Sleep Records signs Battle Lines; 'Colonies' 7" out Apr.15