Photo Credit: Adam Thorman
Today SPIN has shared “Reverse“, the latest ripper from Bay Area post-punks Street Eaters. The band is back with Blood::Muscles::Bones, a fierce sophomore album on the heels of several years of relentless global touring. SPIN is hailing the track as “a backmasked pileup of grinding guitars and crashing drums that simmers, then explodes.”
Blood::Muslces::Bones, available for pre-order HERE, is set to be released June 17th on Nervous Intent Records.
ABOUT STREET EATERS:
Blood::Muscles::Bones is Street Eaters’ second full-length, and comes on the heels of several years of relentless global touring by this bay area band. Recorded during a heatwave in Portland, Oregon, what went to tape reflects the intense reality the band, Megan March and John No, has been living – the reality of a two-seat compact truck crammed with multiple amps, drums, and empty coffee cups; of dense basement shows in the midwest that turned into swamps; of shows in haunted German schools-turned-to-squats, medieval French catacombs, smoke-filled Japanese practice rooms, and abandoned Hungarian aluminum factories.
In the middle of all the wildness and urgency, Street Eaters kept honing their sound, tenaciously driving inward towards the dark heart of the sun.
Blood::Muscles::Bones shows this focus, reflecting a leaner, meaner Street Eaters. Cutting deep into the band’s sonic guts, the album’s 10 tracks are bloody, sinewy, jagged and sincere to the core
(NERVOUS INTENT RECORDS)
JUNE 17, 2014
4. Dead Parts
6. Empty Rooms
8. Running Dog
- Street Eaters title track from new album, "Blood::Muscles::Bones", out 6/17 on Nervous Intent
- Video: Street Eaters release 'Reverse' music video; stream new album
- For Today streams full album 'Fight The Silence' on Alt Press
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- We Are The In Crowd release new track 'Manners' from upcoming album 'Weird Kids'
- White Shores sign to At Your Command Records; listen to new single