Rochester, NY-based melodic hardcore/punk act Such Gold have entered the studio with Bill Stevenson (Descendents, A Wilhelm Scream, Propagandhi) to record their next full length album. The band is recording at The Blasting Room in Fort Collins, CO. The album is their second for Razor & Tie.
Such Gold vocalist, Ben Kotin comments, “It’s been a great experience working with everyone at the Blasting Room. We’ve worked for over a year on this material and we’re extremely excited for our fans to hear the result.”
Producer Bill Stevenson comments, “This is one of the best records that I’ve worked on in the last five years. These kids shred balls.”
The new album will be a follow up to their 2012 debut studio album Misadventures, which debuted at #6 on the Billboard Heatseekers Chart with over 2,300 albums sold in its first week. It is also the group’s first release to feature a four-piece lineup, with Ben Kotin pulling double duty as vocalist and guitarist, and the introduction of new drummer Matt Covey, formerly of metal/hardcore act Shai Hulud.
Such Gold formed in 2009 and have worked tirelessly since, having released 2012’s full length Misadventures, as well as 4 split 7”s and two EPs, Stand Tall and Pedestals. The band has toured around the globe with Comeback Kid, Strung Out, A Wilhelm Scream, The Story So Far, Stick To Your Guns, The Wonder Years, and many more. Such Gold is Ben Kotin (guitar/vocals), Nate Derby (guitar), Jon Markson (bass/vocals) and Matt Covey (drums).
- KYNG JOINS RAZOR & TIE’S WORLDWIDE LABEL AND PUBLISHING ROSTERS
- Interview with Chiodos frontman Craig Owens 4/22/14
- Death Of An Era debut album 'Black Bagged' Jun.23 on Razor and Tie; pre-order now
- No Idea Records Announces New A Wilhelm Scream LP and Unveils New Track
- A Wilhelm Scream kick off tour in support of No Idea Records release 'Partycrasher'
- Such Gold premiere new song 'Nauseating'