SUMMER CAMP TEAM UP WITH PLEDGE MUSIC
FOR RELEASE OF DEBUT LP
Acclaimed London duo Summer Camp will be teaming up with Pledge Music for the release of their debut LP through their own label imprint, Apricot Recording Company, in partnership with Moshi Moshi Records. Pledge Music is the direct to fan platform which gives fans the chance to be part of an artist’s release via its funding, supported by a wide range of personalized ‘pledges’ offered by the artist.
For Summer Camp – aka Jeremy Warmsley and Elizabeth Sankey – the values promoted by Pledge Music dovetail perfectly with theirs, making the partnership an inevitable and happy union, particularly when it comes to their charitable arm, whereby a percentage of monies is funnelled towards the charities of Summer Camp’s choice. “We’re so excited to be working with Pledge, their ideals and approach in terms of creating music and getting it out there ties so well with how we see things“, they say. “Pledge allows us to fund the recording and release of our record by going straight to the people who matter most to us, the people who care about our music. We’re really looking forward to interacting with them, and it even builds in the opportunity for us to do something for charities that mean a lot to us“.
Participating fans will have access to a ‘Pledgers only’ website – viawww.pledgemusic.com – where Summer Camp will post news of the album’s progress via regular updates, so fans can enjoy a truly interactive experience.
The band have lined up a whole host of one-off and original ‘pledges’, in addition to fans having first access to the album once recorded.
· A Summer Camp film night where the band show one of their favourite films and hang out with fans.
· Exclusive pledgers-only gigs in London & LA.
· Postcards from the band every month for a year.
· Acoustic Summer Camp gig in the fan’s house.
· Jeremy’s old bass guitar.
· Elizabeth’s sparkly jumpsuit that she wore for a BBC2 session.
· A Summer Camp DJ set at the pledger’s house.
· A batch of Elizabeth’s home-made brownies, and a handwritten recipe.
· A chance for personal, vintage photos of pledgers to be used in the album artwork
The Summer Camp pledge campaign is live now! Interested pledgers should visitwww.pledgemusic.com for more information.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
How Does Pledge Music Work?
Pledge Music tries to keep its offering very simple – an artist sets a target for an amount of financing they wish to raise to, say, fund the recording and marketing of their new album or DVD. The artist then approaches their fans to ask for ‘pledges’ towards the total in return for a digital download, CD or DVD of the resulting project.
The pledges available are tiered so that the fan can pledge, for example, one amount for a simple digital download, a slightly higher amount for the digital download + physical CD, an even higher amount for a bundle that includes the digital download, the physical CD and t shirt and so on. The artist can determine themselves exactly how they wish to incentivise the pledge amounts.
Unlike some other fan funded offerings no money is taken from pledgers accounts until the pledge target has been met.
The key differences between Pledge Music and other fan funded investment models are –
· No money is taken from the fan until the entire pledge target is met
· The artist retains ALL their rights forever whether they be recording, publishing, merchandising or live. Pledge Music is not interested in owning any rights that belong to artists.
For more information please visit www.pledgemusic.com
UPCOMING LIVE DATES
24 – Glastonbury Festival, Oxylers West Stage
1 – Hop Farm Festival, Kent
2 – Blissfields Festival, Hampshire
3 – Wireless Festival w/ Pulp, Hyde Park
8 – Lounge On the Farm Festival, Kent
23 – Outside/Inside Festival @ St Lawrence Church, Reading
12 – Beacons Festival @Heslaker Farm, Yorkshire