Swedish national radio premiered it last Wednesday and now the highly anticipated Jonas Schwartz single is out!
– “This is it, this was the start of the whole album!”
Those words are Gothenburg native Jonas Schwartz’s own about “What If I Leave”, taken from the upcoming album “Expedition”, out fall 2014 and following the praised “Music For You” single, released earlier this year.
Jonas Schwartz gave up his destrutive party life in Gothenburg, on the west coast of Sweden, and moved to the royal capital of Stockholm, got himself a dog, a girlfriend and an apartment. In Gothenburg Schwartz was employeed as a construction worker, famous for accidentally trashing water pipes, having his lungsfilled with dust. Everyday after work was a new party. Finally he just had enough and got out of there!
– ”I wanted the colours. All of them. I needed to get away from Gothenburg – from trashy rehearsal spacesand flourescent lights. I think it safe to say that Gothenburg started to give me less flattering personality issues. I ate pizza three days a week and just spent my time watching horror movies.”
Jonas, how would you describe “What If I Leave”?
– It’s a grande song with fantastic extra vocals from Siri Hammenberg and also a hint of what’s to come!
Jonas Schwartz debuted in 2012 with the critically acclaimed full length album “Six”.
- Gain Music Entertainment to release Hardcore Superstar 'HCSS' in North America on MRI
- Swedish artist Cajsa Siik releases stream of new single 'Relentless Delight'
- Stockholm based Honeymilk announces new single 'Sanguine Skies' and UK dates
- Swedish indie-pop artist Cajsa Siik shares insatiable new single 'Follow You Down'
- Psych-rock band Caviare Days release new single 'Like Me'
- Indie Pop/Rock trio Donora release long awaited album 'Ha Ha Heart' on Rostrum Records