“The Rifts”, the second full-length album from Swedish atmospheric post-rock duo A SWARM OF THE SUN is officially out today on Version Studio Records.
Order and listen to the full album HERE.
“This is a dark and disturbing album, where each track seems to delve deeper into the mind and heart of a troubled soul; there’s no light at the end of the tunnel, just some pretty crescendos.” (4/5)
NEW NOISE MAGAZINE
“…an album that’s powerful and outstanding in every way.” (9/10)
“The Rifts exceeds every expectation. It has already become one of the highlights of this year.”
MERCHANTS OF AIR
A Swarm of the Sun is an atmospheric post-rock duo from Stockholm, Sweden comprised of Erik Nilsson (Aoria) and Jakob Berglund and “The Rifts” is their third release following an EP entitled “The King of Everything” (2007) and the full-length debut “Zenith”, released in 2010.
“The Rifts” was mixed and mastered by the acclaimed Magnus Lindberg (Cult of Luna, Refused, Khoma, Switchblade) and is a bleak and beautiful journey through the innermost landscapes of the heart and soul. A brooding concept album about losing hope, dreams falling apart, isolation and final moments of clarity and redemption. Unquestionably, this is A Swarm of the Sun‘s most emotional and darkest album to date.
- Spotlight: Experimental electro rock band diNMachine
- Progressive post-rock band Klone announce new album 'Here Comes The Sun'
- Post-hardcore/metal band Svalbard announce debut full length on Holy Roar Records
- Sweden's In Flames new album 'Siren Charms' out Sept.9 on Sony/Red
- Swedish artist Cajsa Siik releases stream of new single 'Relentless Delight'
- Swedish duo First Aid Kit Summer tour and Festival dates