Founded in Stockholm, Sweden, in 2011, NUBIAN ROSE have already made a name for themselves as one of Sweden’s top acts when it comes to energetic, heavy riffing, melody driven, Hard Rock. NUBIAN ROSE evolves around the magnetic charisma and majestic voice of Sofia Lilja, combined with the unique talent of guitarist Christer Åkerlund, NUBIAN ROSE has made sure that they are a force to be reckoned with.
After planning a self-financed, low-key release of their debut album, ‘Mountain‘, in 2012, they were shocked and excited by how the music spread like wildfire worldwide. Within weeks of the Swedish release, they were played on radio stations in the US, the UK, Italy, France and throughout Europe. Rock fans everywhere immediately recognised their hook-filled brand of Hard Rock with tunes such as; ‘Ever See Your Face‘, ‘Reckless‘, ‘Mountain‘ and the outstanding power ballad ‘How Am I‘. Soon they were featured in great rock magazines such as Classic Rock and the legendary Japanese publication, Burrn!. The reviews were excellent, Classic Rock Magazine(8/10), Powerplay (9/10), Rock Hard (8/10), Burrn! (83%), to name a few of the key publications.
Long before the European release of ‘Mountain‘, NUBIAN ROSE were also booked to play the main stage at the first Hard Rock Hell AOR festival in Rotherham 2013. This was the band’s first European show and their appearance was one of the festivals most talked about with Sofia Lilja sporting a Union Jack cat suit for part of the show to mark the event!
This Autumn it’s time for NUBIAN ROSE to hit the ground running, their sophomore album, ‘Mental Revolution‘, is set for release on Livewire/Cargo Records.
- Nubian Rose share 'You Will Never Walk Alone' video
- Melodic rockers Skyscraper releases new video 'Monday Morning'
- Swedish quintet Atlas Losing Grip releases new album 'Currents' on Cargo Records
- Victory Records signs Melodic Hardcore band Meridian
- North Carolina hardcore/crust band Torch Runner signs to Southern Lord
- Definitely A First Sign to Imminence Records, 'Colorblind' Deluxe Edition Reissue Due June 17th