It took barely 10 minutes to write the words and vocal melody, but two years of massaging and marshalling the various creative forces to turn ‘Sunset Raining’, a new electronic-pop tune by seasoned newcomer Rissy, into a reality.
“I arrived at the studio, listened to the track just once… and started writing madly,” says Rissy of her first acquaintance with the catchy creation from the genius duo L D R U and Yahtzel.
“I wrote the whole song within 10 minutes and we recorded it shortly after,” says Rissy. “It was a very natural, very easy process.”
Sunset Raining is about crazy, blissful love. “Get high up on your platform baby” meaning, shine like you should.
Rissy’s strong, upbeat voice flows like honey over Carmada’s spiky electronic backdrop, thoughtful sound sculpting that works a treat.
That was 2013. So why the delay in releasing the song?
“There were a few entanglements that we needed to undo, and a couple of musical options that took time to explore. It had to be right for me.”
Rissy, slim and dark-haired, was determined not to compromise artistically. ”It wasn’t an easy time for an impatient soul. But I’m stoked with the result and that A&R Records is handling my first commercial label release.”
The singer/songwriter from Sydney’s northern beaches crafts her electronic tunes of relentless optimism using a staple of compelling percussive sounds and engaging pop- driven melodies.
“I usually start with hearing the chords and beats. That gives me the whole vibe of the song, which then writes the melody and lyrics.”
She has been collaborating with some of EDM’s finest producers including Carmada (AUS), L D R U (AUS), Sam Roberts (AUS), Pretty Visitors (AUS) and Hotsauce (USA).
“Sunset Raining” by RISSY will be released 30th of October 2015
- Sydney based The Griswolds announce new album and release new single 'Beware The Dog'
- Sydney dream-pop band Noire release new single 'Those Days'
- Sydney's Burn Antares announces new single and video for 'Crystal Love'
- From the ashes of Hungry Kids comes a new project Sans Parents; stream debut single
- Sydney, Australia's Little May announces US dates, Bonnaroo and Gentlemen of the Road stopover
- CBGB Film Festival to premiere EDM Doc. Dutch Influence tomorrow with Nationwide release in November