Sydney’s Burn Antares announced an east coast tour last month to celebrate the release of their new single ‘Crystal Love‘. Premiering today, the track draws inspiration from the ’60s, classic rock’n’roll from the ’70s and elements of country music. Front-woman Grace Farriss, on the single:
“I met Janis Joplin in a dream and she gave me the song as a present. I took it to the boys and we worked on it till it was smoking hot. The day before we went in to record, we rewrote the melody so Janis’ estate couldn’t sue us.”
Burn Antares have also released a video clip to accompany the new track. Shot entirely on an old Super 8 camcorder, the footage portrays the young band jamming in an old house surrounded by friends, a mini-festival and some very psychedelic wallpaper. Recorded with Sydney-based producer Tony Buchen (The Preatures, Andy Bull, Jeremy Neale), ‘Crystal Love’ will feature on Burn Antares’ forthcoming sophomore EP titled ‘Fur Coat & The Peace Boat’ (due October 2014).
FRI 12 SEP – Miami Marketta, Gold Coast QLD
SAT 13 SEP – Black Bear Lounge, Brisbane QLD
SUN 28 SEP – Sounds of the Suburbs Festival, Cronulla NSW
w/ The Beautiful Girls, Wax Witches, Step-Panther and High-Tails
FRI 3 OCT – *SECRET SHOW*, Sydney NSW
FOLLOW BURN ANTARES
- Sydney based The Griswolds announce new album and release new single 'Beware The Dog'
- Sydney dream-pop band Noire release new single 'Those Days'
- From the ashes of Hungry Kids comes a new project Sans Parents; stream debut single
- Sydney, Australia's Little May announces US dates, Bonnaroo and Gentlemen of the Road stopover
- Australian based soul artist Daniel March streams new single 'Nina'
- Miss May I streams first single 'I.H.E.' from upcoming album 'Deathless'; pre-order now