Synthpop Icons Beborn Beton released the first song off their new album A Worthy Compensation called “Daisy Cutter” on iTunes. A Worthy Compensation is set to be released September 4th 2015 on Dependent Records and can be pre-ordered HERE.
A Worthy Compensation, Beborn Beton’s first album since 1999, speak volumes. Such self-confidence is not common for a band that has been silent for so long, yet insinuates that they have by no means been idle in the meantime.
Beborn Beton made a plan: to create an album without compromises in terms of composition and production. When this vision became reality, Beborn Beton showed a degree of consistency that, in hindsight, deserves respect. It took them more than seven years to work on new songs without cutting back on quality, carefully searching for an apt engineer and studio producer. Eventually and with the help of Olaf Wollschläger (u.a. MESH, Yello, In Strict Confidence, Seabound), they made an effort that displays maturity in all aspects and achieves the goal they had set for themselves.
A Worthy Compensation is available in two editions.
▪ CD Digipak
▪ “Complete”: 2LP+2CD in gatefold sleeve incl. seven bonus tracks and large-sized booklet (limited to 500 copies)
Beborn Beton was originally conceived in 1989 by long time friends and music enthusiasts Stefan Tillmann and Michael B Wagner. With heavy influences from the bands of the eighties, Beborn Beton set out to expand and modernize the sounds of their once heroes. Shortly after Till and Michael joined forces, the then duo, set out to further develop their new endeavor. The result, brought the addition of the final member, former schoolmate Stefan Netschio to assume the role of lead vocals. With all the pieces now in place, the group was finally ready to embark on their own musical journey.
The Essen-based group have established themselves as a successful act between electronic Pop and EBM, touring both in Europe as well as North America with hits such as Another World, Lost,Little Robot, and Torture.
- for all the emptiness Announce New EP And Video for "seduced by a disease"
- Synth-pop band Prides releases US debut EP 'Higher Love' on Virgin Records
- Synth-pop band Shades to release new album 'Common Desire' in July
- Doombird Release "Overflowing" on L2 Records/Sony
- Starbass Fuses Synth Pop with Modern Bass and Vampire Goth on "Love's Little Curses"
- Then Thickens announces dates with Echo & The Bunnymen, new single Aug.4 on Hatch Records