Norwegian group Team Me have debuted energetic new single, ‘F is for Faker,’ and announced their return to the US for a set of performances in NYC and at this year’s SXSW. Originally a small-scale solo project for Marius Drogsås Hagen, things began to develop at pace in early 2010 when he found himself in the running for Norway’s biggest unsigned band competition. Hagen needed to recruit a band for the competition’s live final and, after calling in a few favors from friends, Team Me was born. A project that was intended to be a one-off performance soon transformed into a fully formed and unstoppable indie-pop six-piece.
Hailing from a small city in the the deep Norwegian woods, Team Me have spent spent their last two years on the road, playing more than 250 shows in cities as New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, London, Berlin, Paris, Reykjavik, Amsterdam and beyond, earning a Norwegian Grammy for ‘Best Pop Album‘ for their debut,’ and deemed one of NME’s ‘Top 10 New Bands at SXSW 2012,’ Guardian ‘New Band of the Day,’ ‘Best New Band’ at Great Escape 2011, and more. They’re currently working on their second album which will be released in 2014.
Feb. 27-By:larm Festival-Oslo, Norway
March 13-Lucille’s-Austin, Texas [SXSW]
March 14-Sonic Bids Party-Austin, Texas [SXSW]
March 17-Mercury Lounge-New York, New York
March 18-Glasslands Gallery-Brooklyn, New York
March 27-Hulen-Bergen, Norway
March 28-Blaest-Trondheim, Norway
March 29-Parkteateret-Oslo, Norway
For more info, please visit:
- Special Explosion releases new track 'Hide' from new EP out Feb.25 on Topshelf Records
- Landlady joins Hometapes, releases new track, announces tour including SXSW
- Archie Powell & the Exports to release 'Back in Black' Apr.28; band on tour now
- Open Air Stereo release new single 'Damned'; SXSW and tour with Miggs & Man On Earth
- Seattle's Tangerine announce tour dates including SXSW and Treefort Fest
- Oh Be Clever release new music video for 'Lost You'