Crossover rap phenomenon TECH N9NE is recognized around the world as one of the only rappers that has successfully fused rap and hard rock to create a sound of his own that has fans clamoring for more. Now, Tech is releasing a huge, uncompromising new track off of his new metal-infused EP Therapy, which delves into the beginnings of his personal relationship with rock music. ‘Public School’ tells a tale all too familiar to many teens today— when school books don’t seem to teach you anything worth learning, you have to turn to the world of music and the culture around you in order to grow.
Most of my teachers didn’t teach me shit
Chiefin’ in the locker room, fuck English Lit
Oh why oh why oh why I had to take wood shop
Instead of speaking French when I went there I could not
A lotta truancy cause they couldn’t influence me
To fluently spew it the two couldn’t do it congruently
So I learned culture, rock music rockin’ while I rock up that
Coka, Pac on my poster
TECH N9NE’s new metal-tinged, aggressive 11-track 2013 EP, Therapy, hits stores November 5th via Strange Music. You can pre-order Therapy via iTunes at this link.
Therapy is produced by legendary rock producer Ross Robinson (Korn, Slipknot) to achieve a hard-hitting, instrument-driven sound unlike anything else he’d previously done over the course of thirteen full-length studio albums. Top-notch musicians such as renowned metal guitarist Wes Borland and Glassjaw’s Sammy Siegler built the sonic foundation for many of the tracks alongside longtime producer Seven’s beats.
The first single from Therapy, ‘Hiccup’, was originally released via Rolling Stone and is now available for listening via Strange Music’s official YouTube page. Listen here: http://youtu.be/W0JlE9EeOpI
Therapy track listing:
1. The Ghost (Therapy Skit One)
2. Public School (featuring Krizz Kaliko)
3. Head Now (featuring Bernz & Wrekonize)
5. Therapy Skit Two
6. Shame on Me (featuring Caroline Dupuy Heerwagen)
7. Jacob Wells Message (skit)
8. When Demons Come (featuring Tyler Lyon)
9. Therapy Skit Three
11. Stop the Sailor
In support of Therapy, TECH N9NE is touring the United States through October and into November. See below for all currently confirmed tour dates.
TECH N9NE on the SOMETHING ELSE TOUR 2013
10/28 – Sauget, IL @ Pop’s
10/29 – Indianapolis, IN @ Old National Centre
10/30 – Kansas City, MO @ The Midland Theatre by AMC
10/31 – Omaha, NE @ Sokol Auditorium
11/1 – Lincoln, NE @ Bourbon Theatre
11/2 – Cedar Rapids, IA @ Hawkeye Downs Speedway
Since first bursting on to the scene in 1990, TECH N9NE has risen through the ranks to become the most successful independent rapper. He’s sold over two million records, garnered universal critical acclaim, scored a gold record for the single ‘Caribou Lou’, been sought out for collaborations by everybody from Lil Wayne to Five Finger Death Punch, and packed venues worldwide. TECH’s latest studio album Something Else debuted #4 on Billboard 200 this past August, and was just named in Forbes’ Hip-Hop Cash Kings alongside Sean “Diddy” Combs, Dr. Dre and Jay-Z. Forbes also gave an exclusive look into TECH N9NE and Strange Music’s indie empire in this breakout feature (check it out here).
For more information on TECH N9NE, please visit these locations:
- Crossover Rap Phenom TECH N9NE to Release Aggressive New Metal-Tinged EP "Therapy" - New Track 'Hiccup' Streaming NOW
- TECH N9NE's "Therapy": New Metal-Inspired EP Coming November 5, 2013 - Listen to 'Hiccup' Now via Strange Music on YouTube
- Conspiracy Worldwide Radio Halloween Special: Michael Barrymore, Tech N9ne, Boldy James, Necro, Kool G Rap and More
- TECH N9NE and MTV Reveal an Exclusive Behind-The-Scenes Look at the Upcoming ‘Hiccup’ Music Video
- Travis Barker presents the 7th Annual Musink Tattoo & Music Festival
- Rock On The Range 2015 band line-up and pre-sale tickets