Before Nashville had a budding independent music scene, there was Ten Out Of Tenn, a collective of solo artists that created a unique movement across the country. Through the years, Ten Out Of Tenn has had over 500 TV/Film placements, hundreds of live shows and notable alums such as Madi Diaz, Mikky Ekko, Erin McCarley, Paper Route, Joy Williams and Kate York. Announced on Paste.com, Ready Set Records will release the two-disc compilation record, Ten Out Of Tenn: 10 Years, out March 17. The album boasts 20 tracks from TOT’s impressive list of artists.
In celebration of 10 years, Ten Out Of Tenn is “getting the band back together” for a special anniversary show at Nashville’s Ryman Auditorium on April 24. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased on the Ryman site here. Included in the evening’s line-up are: Kyle Andrews, Andrew Belle, Butterfly Boucher, Trent Dabbs, Andy Davis, Gabe Dixon, Katie Herzig, Tyler James, Matthew Perryman Jones, Jeremy Lister, Erin McCarley, Paper Route, K.S. Rhoads, Sarah Siskind, Amy Stroup and more to be announced.
Track Listing for Ten Out Of Tenn: 10 Years
1. We Were Just Kids – Andy Davis
2. Lie Or Lie Awake – Katie Herzig
3. Time – Mikky Ekko
4. Wants What It Wants (Blackwatch Remix) – Andrew Belle
5. ZHIVAGO – Paper Route
6. Let Me Love You – Erin McCarley
7. Nobody’s Stranger Anymore – Trent Dabbs
8. Too Far From You – Sarah Siskind
9. I Realize – Jeremy Lister
10. Speaking A Dead Language (J. Alan Morant 2010 Remix) – Joy Williams
11. Emerald City – Kyle Andrews
12. Back Burner – Amy Stroup
13. Battles – K.S. Rhoads
14. Burn – Madi Diaz
15. One Thing – Gabe Dixon
16. Mama Hold Your Head Up – Tyler James
17. All My Worry – Kate York
18. Go Through It (Live From Prison) – Griffin House
19. It Pulls Me Under – Butterfly Boucher
20. Cancion de la Noche – Matthew Perryman Jones
About Ten Out of Tenn
A sort of singer-songwriter supergroup, Ten Out Of Tenn tackled the seemingly impossible – 10 artists, all who have their own successful careers and fan bases, rallying together as they swap vocals and instruments during their shows for a unique twist on each other’s creative work. Artists like Andy Davis, Mikky Ekko, Matthew Perryman Jones, Ashley Monroe, Paper Route and Joy Williams have all been part of Ten Out of Tenn. In 2009, TOT released their award winning documentary, “Any Day Now,” which debuted during the Nashville Film Festival. Through the years, the collective has been highly embraced, garnering national praises from American Songwriter, ELLE, Nylon, Paste Magazine, Southern Living, USA Today and more.
- Voodoo Prophet begin recording new EP at Zing Recording Studios
- Trent Dabbs hits the charts; Sugar + The Hi-Lows tour with Ingrid Michaelson
- Nashville based Shantell Ogden nominated for Best Americana Artist and Best Album Awards
- Indie rock band Yumi and the System release new video/single 'Day Of The Tiger'
- Nashville's Bandit signs to Broken Circles and streams new single 'Dragon'
- Local H celebrates 25th anniversary with new album and Spring tour