2013 continues to be a busy a year for Kansas City rockers The Architects. In addition to the July 16 release of the first episode of a five-part music and graphing novel combo Border Wars, the band spent much of June on the road, in support of Frank Turner. The Architects will again find themselves climbing into the van this November with a series of East Coast stops.
Three major gigs (New York, Boston and Philly) will feature Frank Iero and James Dewees’ new electronic-hardcore outfit Death Spells, a band rising from the ashes of the recent My Chemical Romance split.
The tour dates are:
Nov 15 Detroit, MI – Magic Stick
Nov 16 Cleveland, OH – Now That’s Class
Nov 18 Boston, MA – Great Scott (w/ Death Spells)
Nov 19 Brooklyn, NY – Knitting Factory (w/ Death Spells)
Nov 20 Philadelphia, PA – Milkboy (w/ Death Spells)
Nov 21 Pittsburgh, PA – Howler’s Café
Nov 22 Columbus, OH – Kobo Live
Nov 23 St. Louis, MO – The Demo
Dec 06 Oklahoma City, OK – Diamond Ballroom (w/ Blue October)
Dec 08 Kansas City – Voodoo Lounge (w/ Blue October)
Border Wars is a breathtaking series of four connected episodes told through a collection of comic book stories illustrated by Mallory Dorn and their accompanying soundtrack releases. The concept album is the culmination of nearly two years of blood & sweat-sodden labor, consuming tens of thousands of cigarettes and thousands of midnight hours to bring fans the biggest, coolest experience possible. Set to release in five episode forms, the band was able to cram Border Wars with a multitude of quality tracks without the constraints of adding any “filler.”
You can stream the album here: https://soundcloud.com/reybee/sets/the-architects-border-wars
- The Architects set to release 'Border Wars: Episode II' (album/graphic novel) on Sept.9
- The Architects announce tour with Agent Orange; Album/Graphic novel out Sept.9
- Warner Bros. Records and Affiliated labels announce exclusive vinyl releases and t-shirts for Record Store Day
- My Chemical Romance release 'May Death Never Stop You' greatest hits album on Reprise Records
- Gerard Way to release debut solo album Sept.30 on Warner Bros. Records
- Stream Gerard Way's debut solo album 'Hesitant Alien'