THE FLAMING LIPS will release a brand new six-song EP featuring new music inspired by Summit Entertainment’s upcoming feature film Ender’s Game on October 29th, to coincide with the film’s November 1st release. Today, all six songs will premiere online at various music-related outlets at 10 a.m. ET.
Here are the links to stream each track:
“Peace Sword (Open Your Heart)” at TheDailyBeast.com
“If They Move, Shoot ‘Em” at NPR.org
“Is The Black At The End Good” at Spin.com
“Think Like A Machine, Not A Boy” at Stereogum.com
“Wolf Children” at RollingStone.com
“Assassin Beetle – The Dream Is Ending” at Pitchfork.com
The CD and limited-edition 12″ vinyl release will follow on Black Friday/Record Store Day, which falls on November 29th. This beautiful vinyl package features the same audio content as the CD, but features different artwork. It will be pressed on black, standard-weight vinyl with a dazzling “LIPSian” gatefold sleeve. The title track “Peace Sword (Open Your Heart)” was written exclusively for the film Ender’s Game, while the remaining five tracks were all inspired by the book upon which the film is based as well as the motion picture itself.
- The Flaming Lips' Wayne Coyne Embarks on "Record Store Tour" Dec 19th
- The Adversary covers The Flaming Lips 'Yoshimi'
- Amnesty International concert to feature Blondie, Peter Gabriel, Bob Geldof, Yoko Ono, Susan Sarandon and Sting
- Warner Bros. Records and Affiliated labels announce exclusive vinyl releases and t-shirts for Record Store Day
- Outside Lands announces 2014 Line-up
- Howard Stern Presents: A celebration of The Beatles with The Flaming Lips hosted by Fred Armisen