On September 17, 2013, THE GET UP KIDS albums EUDORA and ON A WIRE will once again be available on vinyl. A first pressing of 1000 copies of each album can be pre-ordered starting today at the Workhorse Music store.
Lawrence, Kansas’s The Get Up Kids were Matthew Pryor, James Dewees, Jim Suptic and brothers Ryan and Rob Pope.
Eudora was the band’s third full-length album, released in 2001 on Vagrant, and is a collection of B-sides, covers and rarities. The vinyl edition has been out of print for approximately a decade and this issuing will be a double album.
On A Wire was originally released in 2002 on Vagrant and Rolling Stone magazine stated “On a Wire quivers with the anxieties that must have arisen as the Get Up Kids left behind what originally made them. Straining vocals, racing tempos and walls of distortion give way to softer singing, spacious guitars and prominent keyboards . . . The Get Up Kids dig deeper into themselves. What they find is often subtle, less visceral but far more tender.” This issuing of the album will be on 180-gram vinyl.
- Matt Pryor To Release New EP + LP and Signs to Rory Records/Equal Vision Records
- Matt Pryor and James Dewees EP Stream + Release; New Matt Pryor Tour Dates
- Paper States cover The Get Up Kids 'Overdue'; debut EP available now
- Matt Pryor teams up with Air Guitar Champion for new video
- Animal Style Records release charity sampler to benefit Freedom To Marry