A Lana Del Ray impersonator, make-out sessions with puppets, shaving with an axe, knitting needles and explicit images all make up the bizarre world of The Griswolds’ ‘The Courtship of Summer Preasley’ video.
The clip was a three-way concept between The Griswolds’ front-men Chris Whitehall and Danny Duque-Perez, as well as director Jefferton James. As for the Lana Del Ray character, Dan found an image on Tumblr of a guy dressed as Lana and thought it was brilliant. He posted it on Facebook and the stars aligned. Of all the places in the world that the impersonator could have been from – it was Melbourne! Someone tagged him in a photo, Dan asked him to do the video and he was on-board.
One of Wind-up Records’ newest signings, The Griswolds are set to head into the studio with Tony Hoffer (M83, Phoenix) in January to work on their debut album (due 2014). Their infectious melodies have led everyone from triple j radio, Australia’s premiere alternative radio station, to the greater international blogosphere talking about their joyful sounds, which Neon Gold Blog has hailed a “euphoric slice of indie pop, that brings to mind the youthful exuberance of Vampire Weekend with the nonchalant cool of The Strokes and percussive intensity of Friendly Fires…”
Upon the release of their single ‘Heart of a Lion’ in Australia, the track was immediately added to high rotation on triple j, ending 2012 as one of the station’s most played tracks of the year. The international airwaves were quick to take notice with the song attracting airplay in over 20 countries worldwide, achieving #3 on the radio airplay charts in The Netherlands via tastemaker station 3FM and an iTunes single of the week in the region. The band recently made a stop in New York City to play several shows at CMJ Music Marathon to rave reviews and capacity crowds.
FOLLOW THE GRISWOLDS
- The Griswolds unveil new video clip for 'Mississippi'
- Check out the new single from Aussie MC Chance Waters "Bonnie" Ft. The Griswolds
- SPEAK to release 'Pedals' Jun.24; Summer tour with Gemini Club and The Griswolds
- Sydney based The Griswolds announce new album and release new single 'Beware The Dog'
- The Griswolds share track from upcoming album 'Be Impressive' out Aug 26 on Wind-Up Records
- Swedish electropop-outfit Urban Cone release sophomore album 'Polaroid Memories'