Following the band’s ferocious shows at SXSW, The Kooks have unveiled their music video for their new single “Down,” directed by Davis Silis. “Down” was premiered two weeks ago as Zane Lowe’s Hottest Record, and it’s a mission statement from a band that have rediscovered what they loved about making music in the first place. The video’s rapid-fire editing and swirl of bright, vibrant colors lend themselves well to the track, highlighting the Kooks’ newfound sense of swagger. Watch the video by clicking the link below.
Written by Luke Pritchard and young hip-hop pioneer Inflo, “Down” was recorded in London and LA, and will be released digitally on April 1, with a Remix EP to be released on April 22. The track has already received acclaim, with NME calling it “R&B inspired” and The Music Ninja noting that “”Down” sounds unlike anything The Kooks have ever released. With its funky beats and infectious vocals, the new single from The Kooks is a borderline R&B, certainly groovy track.” Indie Shuffle praised the song as “wonderfully funky and upbeat…a sound slightly reminiscent of music created by The Rapture.”
The Kooks are: Luke Pritchard – vocals and guitar, guitarist Hugh Harris, bassist Pete Denton and drummer Alexis Nunez.
- The Kooks announce Summer tour dates
- The Kooks announce pre-order details for new album 'Listen'
- The Kooks release new 'Bad Habit' Live at Hansa Studios music video
- The Kooks return with new single 'Down' out Apr.20; stream now
- The Kooks release intense NSFW 'Around Town' video
- The Bastard Sons Drag Up In New Video For "O'Brothel Where Art Thou?"