The Red Paintings recently made their television debut on AXS TV performing two tracks from their highly anticipated, debut full-length album release The Revolution Is Never Coming. Check out the band performing the single “Wasps” and “You’re Not One of Them”. As part of a release day promotion, ArtistDirect is now exclusively streaming the record in its entirety only online at: http://bit.ly/1aItxlS
Known for their visionary stage shows incorporating live art, human canvases, and theatrics, The Red Paintings are a multi-faceted genre-spanning act incorporating everything rock from alternative to punk to industrial. Often receiving comparisons to acts such as Radiohead, Muse, Smashing Pumpkins, and The Arcade Fire, The Red Paintings have shared stages touring with the Dresden Dolls, Mindless Self Indulgence, Saul Williams, The Posies, Mogwai, and …Trail of Dead.
Recently, the band unveiled the first single from the album titled “Wasps” and premiered the companion music video at mtvU with them calling it “dark, cinematic” with a dynamic sound similar in spirit to NIN and 30 Seconds To Mars. View the video for “Wasps” now online at: http://youtu.be/e-iUVFcwZE4.
Ever since suffering a near-fatal seizure eight years ago, Trash McSweeney, the musical architect of The Red Paintings, sees color in sound, a condition known as synesthesia. His musical project has set out to share with the world a lifetime’s worth of ideas about what he has seen and felt.
The Red Paintings live on AXS TV
For bio, images, videos, and more visit The Red Paintings media page:http://onepagelink.com/theredpaintings/
Official website: www.theredpaintings.com
The Bird’s Robe Collective: www.birdsrobe.com
- The Red Paintings Release "Wasps" Single
- The Red Paintings to release 'The Revolution Is Never Coming' on Oct 1 via The End Records
- The Red Paintings "The Revolution Is Never Coming" Now Available Everywhere
- The Red Paintings Announce December Tour Dates with Spacehog and Sponge
- Matt Nathanson to Perform Live on AXS TV Concerts Tuesday, Oct. 8
- AXS TV is the U.S. TV Broadcast Partner of the Nobel Peace Prize Concert Featuring Mary J. Blige and James Blunt