Michigan punk band The Swellers has teamed up with animal rights group Peta2 to premiere their new song, “Becoming Self-Aware,” from their upcoming album, The Light Under Closed Doors. The band’s fourth studio album is scheduled for release on October 29th via No Sleep Records and can be pre-ordered now at http://bit.ly/14grwMg.
Stream “Becoming Self-Aware” now at Peta2.com: http://www.peta2.com/blog/swellers-music-video-premiere/
“I did a couchsurfing/soul searching week with my friends between tour,” says drummer Jonathan Diener of the new song. “I was at a crossroads in my life, but one day I had nowhere to go, played my guitar in a park and parts of songs I’ve had for a while came together. It turned into my favorite song on the new record.”
Looks like all of the couchsurfing paid off. The Swellers latest album is their boldest and most relatable yet. After years of experience and reflection, the band has emerged with collection of raw, honest anthems that speak to listeners with driving rhythm and infectious choruses. The record was produced by The Swellers and recorded by Marc Hudson (Saves the Day, Taking Back Sunday) and with Mark Michalik (Into It. Over It., Fireworks) and features ten tracks including “Becoming Self-Aware” and the recently released track “Should.”
The Swellers just wrapped up dates in Brazil with Story of the Year and will hit the road in the U.S. for a house show tour and a small intimate album release shows in October and November. Visit http://on.fb.me/11e1ecn for more information.
For More Information:
- Matty Mullins Urges People to 'Always Adopt, Never Buy' in New peta2 PSA
- The Swellers announce new album ' The Light Under Closed Doors' out Oct 29th
- The Swellers announce 'The Light Under Closed Doors' tour
- The Swellers release new video for 'High/Low'
- Save Your Generation Records Announce Artwork / Tracklisting for Debut braidedveins 12"
- Heartsounds announce US and Canadian tour dates