pic by Fish Griwkowsky
The Wet Secrets just released an amusing lyric video to accompany their latest single “Sunshine”. The video includes numerous wall,carpet,and cabinet projections of song lyrics, that are accompanied by one laser, and a few cats going bananas. Directed by The Wet Secrets drummer, Trevor Anderson, “Sunshine” is the second track off their sophomore album Free Candy.
Formed on a dare by Lyle Bell, Trevor Anderson and Kim Rackel, The Wet Secrets are a five-piece rock’n’roll dance band that plays the kind of music you could expect to hear if The Stranglers piggybacked Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass through the Rose Parade. Swampy basslines, primal drumming, dancing ladies with brassy hornstacks, keys, congas, and vocal harmonies galore.
Free Candy marks a dramatic leap forward for the band in both songwriting and attitude. With the addition of local psych-pop wizard Paul Arnusch (Faunts/Whitsundays) and wunderkind Emma Frazier, The Wet Secrets have returned determined to seize the brass ring and stomp the world in the face/balls. (Figuratively/literally). This new resolve now comes with a more pensive pen, eschewing tongue-in-cheek ribaldry for a well conceived quasi-concept album about death, disappointment, and doin’ it. Material with more gravitas perhaps, but still smartly dressed in the frantic pop trappings of The Wet Secrets.
The Wet Secrets are scheduled to play The Great Escape Musical Festival in May. For more festival information visit the festival’s official website here. Free Candy is available now, and you can download Nightlife/Knifefights EP for FREE on Bandcamp now.
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Mickey Avalon releases new video for title track of 'I Get Even' EP
- Alt-Pop duo Yell For Help release video for 'Trigger Happy'
- Minor Alps (Juliana Hatfield / Matthew Caws) debut music video for "Waiting For You"
- Innovative UK artist Only Real release debut album 'Jerk at the End of the Line'