Dark and driven, The Wytches consist of vocalist/guitarist Kristian Bell, bassist Dan Rumsey, and drummer Gianni Honey. Their unique sound full of echo and heavy riffs is a narcotic haze with influences ranging from Leonard Cohen to Black Sabbath.
Formed in November 2011 after moving down from Peterborough, this Brighton, UK based three piece is comprised of guitar / organ / lead vocalist Kristian; semi-professional poker playing / severe ADHD suffering drummer Gianni, and fiercely eloquent bassist Dan, who is currently writing a science fiction novel by the name of The Curious Adventures of Charlie Revel. The group gained a strong following in the UK from their debut single and self produced video “Digsaw,” and have earned a certain notoriety ever since, thanks to their spellbinding live show that is known for its visceral intensity.
The Wytches have toured incessantly since their forming, which saw them supporting a rich variety of acts including Death Grips, The Black Angels, Band Of Skulls, Chelsea Wolfe, Bosnian Rainbows, Japandroids, Temples, Metz, Future Of The Left, The Cribs, Yuck and Drenge. They released their second single, the AA-side “Beehive Queen”/”Crying Clown,” via Hate Hate Hate Records on June 3rd 2013, which sold out almost immediately. Following the success of Beehive Queen, the band re-released “Digsaw” as a limited white label 7″. On November 18th, the band released a second AA side single, “Robe For Juda” / “Wide At Midnight” via HateHateHate records.
Look for a debut album out this spring, performances at SXSW, and tours supporting Blood Red Shoes in Europe and Pulled Apart By Horses in the UK, as well as forthcoming dates in North America.
- The Wytches release new video 'Robe For Juda'; Summer tour with Cloud Nothings and Metz
- Psych rockers False-Heads release lead single 'Wrap Up' from new EP on Hi4Head Records
- Ages and Ages announce new single and tour dates with Mirah / Lake Street Drive
- Sylvan Esso to release debut album May 13 on Partisan Records
- John Grant announces tour dates with Elbow, Brit Awards and Elton John tribute
- White Lung release 'Face Down' video; 'Deep Fantasy' out Jun.17 on Domino Recording Co.