Thine, the enigmatic UK dark rock/prog quintet has completed work on its third studio album, The Dead City Blueprint, which is due for release on Peaceville Records April 28, 2014. Thine entered the hallowed and legendary Academy Studios (Paradise Lost, Anathema, My Dying Bride) to record the long overdue follow-up to the acclaimed 2002 album, In Therapy, and sees the band building upon the sublime hooks and dark existential themes from prior works.
Commented the band:
“We’ve been toiling away for over a decade on shaping our latest monster. It has been such a long and grueling process with countless collapses and relapses and a traumatic voyage on numerous levels, but this opus is finally in the flesh so to speak. It is an encapsulation of all those glorious tragedies we all find ourselves overcoming along the way, and essentially for us, a welcome catalyst. Sometimes the best art comes only through being unexpectedly forced through the city’s darkest avenues, so hope you’ll find us there.”
Having formed in 1995 in Yorkshire, UK with the core trio of Alan Gaunt, Paul Groundwell and Daniel Mullins (currently handling drum duties with My Dying Bride), Thine initially burst onto the scene in 1997 with the release of the atmospheric prog/doom ‘Journeys’ demo tape, with the debut album of boundary-warping metal noir, A Town Like This, appearing on Peaceville the following year. Thine’s most accomplished work to date, In Therapy saw light of day a full four years later, and showcased a more sleek and immediate sound, bringing comparisons to other dark and emotional acts such as Katatonia and Anathema. The band line-up is completed by Dylan Rhodes on rhythm guitar and Richard Swift on bass.
Stay tuned for more information on Thine and The Dead City Blueprint.
- Thine to release 'The Dead City Blueprint' May 13 on Peaceville Records
- Morta Skuld's remastered 1993 debut out now on Peaceville
- Autopsy to release "Tourniquets, Hacksaws and Graves" this April on Peaceville
- Peaceville Records signs White Empress feat. Paul Allender formerly with Cradle Of Filth
- Khold set to release new album 'Til Endes' this September on Peaceville
- Bloodbath launches 'Grand Morbid Funeral' title track on RecordStoreDay