Scranton, Pennsylvania’s Tigers Jaw have an undeniably down-to-earth charm. Part Fleetwood Mac, part Saves the Day, it’s an odd combination that the band has somehow managed to work to their full advantage. With their boy-girl harmonies, chunky guitars and shimmering organs, it’s tough not to immediately feel the impact of their music and even more difficult to suppress the urge to sing along.
On their third studio full-length, Charmer, Tigers Jaw went into the legendary Studio 4 in Conshohocken, PA with Will Yip (Title Fight, Circa Survive, La Dispute) to record 11 new tracks and re-record the song “Distress Signal” from Run For Cover’s 2011 Mixed Signals compilation. Two of the tracks on Charmer appeared in late 2013 on the Hum/Cool 7″ on Run For Cover Records.
The band has released a new track off the record today via Pitchfork, titled “Nervous Kids”, and a full track-listing for the album is below. Pitchfork said of the track “the hyperactivity of their previous work has been streamlined into tuneful, subdued indie rock”.
Listen to “Nervous Kids”: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/16787-tigers-jaw-nervous-kids/
Tigers Jaw are currently in the process of planning a full US summer tour with dates to be announced soon. Stay tuned for more details on the tour and the June 3rd release of Charmer via Run For Cover Records.
02) Frame You
05) Nervous Kids
06) I Envy Your Apathy
08) Slow Come On
09) Teen Rocket
11) Distress Signal
12) What Would You Do
- Legendary band mewithoutYou signs to Run For Cover Records; new album this Summer
- Elvis Depressedly shares 'Thou Shall Not Murder' video from upcoming album on Run For Cover Records
- Run For Cover Records 2013 CMJ Showcase
- Tiny Moving Parts signs to Triple Crown Records; album recorded with J. Robbins at Magpie
- Angel Du$t and The Beautiful Ones on tour now with Cruel Hand
- Animic announces new album 'Hannibal'on BCore Disc; new single and UK Shows