Tom Levin has released five albums, played at festivals in New Orleans, he has been a frequent name on american critics lists of the year’s best music and received a New Music Award for best male artist. Now he is releasing a double album consisting of records ”Them Buffalo” and ”Them Feet”.
Making two records was an unexpected result of the attempt to make an upbeat album.
– When I wrote the songs to ”Them Feet”, my idea was to make an album with a faster beat compared to previous ones. But when it was completed I realized, in spite of a few more up beat songs than before, that it was a pretty slow album. I immediately decided to have another go. With the help from a metronome, on which I enhanced the tempo, I embraced the stadium rocker within me and began writing, says Tom.
Some of the songs were written when Tom was involved with project The House of Songs, where artists from all over the world and different genres, come together to write music. ”Girl from Nova Scotia” is a tribute to artist Mo Kenny, who attented The House of Songs together with Tom and who’s later won several awards in Canada. Other lyric themes are life-long friendship, bisons, grandmothers, everyday life as a parent and having discussions about human values with men at carrentals.
”Them Buffalo” & ”Them Feet” is released on the 19th of november on vinyl, CD and all digital platforms.
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
Tom Levin – More Than A Song (Radio Edit)
- Sweden-based Tom Levin releases indie-folk single 'Thunder On'
- Enter Shikari release debut single from 'The Mindsweep' album
- Michelle Chamuel shares new single from debut album out Feb.10 on The End Records / ADA
- Metalcore band My Ransomed Soul announce new album, single and music video
- New Zealand based Hard Rock outfit LIKE A STORM have released their new full length studio album
- Megan Bonnell releases cover of Bob Dylan 'Not Dark Yet'