Photo Credit: Karl Scullin
Melbourne’s visceral post-punks, Total Control, have graced us with their second single “Expensive Dog” from second LP, Typical System. Noisey premiered it worldwide today describing it as a “reverb-heavy garage-y ripper” and have already noted the album to be in “the race for record of the year.” Typical System was written, recorded, created over the past two years and is set for US/Worldwide release via Iron Lung Records on June 24th and self-release in Australia/New Zealand on June 20th.
Total Control emerged from Australia’s dynamic punk scene in ’08, releasing a succession of 7″s that developed from an aggressive post-punk band sound to studio forays into electronic forms from minimal wave to house. Subsequently, they have released four very different records: a split 12″ with Thee Oh Sees, a 7″ single on Sub Pop, a house remix 12″ and 2011’s Henge Beat. Typical System develops on the incongruent demands of their debut LP and ensuing releases, a further development on their continually evolving sound.
Iron Lung Records
US: June 24, 2014 – Vinyl / MP3 (via Iron Lung / Revolver)
World: June 24, 2014 – Vinyl (via Iron Lung / La Vida Es Un Mus)
AUS: June 20, 2014 – Vinyl / CD / MP3 (via Inertia)
1 – Glass
2 – Expensive Dog
3 – Flesh War
4 – Systematic Fuck
5 – Liberal Party
6 -2 Less Jacks
7 – Black Spring
8 – The Ferryman
9 – Hunter
10 – Safety Net
Typical System‘s sleeve art designed by Bart De Baets. Insert poster designed by James Vinciguerra. Both sleeve and poster feature a collection of text and poetry from DX, ST Lore, Julia Nowak, Zephyr Pavey, Hamish Fitzsimons, Carson Cox, Holly Childs, Milos Vukcevic and several anonymous contributors.
- Total Control to release 'Typical System' Jun.24 on Iron Lung Records
- Nudity share 'White Hot Gold' from upcoming album on Iron Lung Records
- Stream Flesh World's new album 'The Wild Animals in My Life' out next week on Iron Lung
- Beach Day share new track 'BFFs' from new album out Aug.19 on Kanine Records
- Ex-Breathers release new single 'Pocket' and tour dates
- Manchester Orchestra release single/video from new album 'Cope'