In the year Vladimir Putin was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize and Danny Dyer’s career bottomed out with a starring role in Eastenders, Guidford based angular-punk quartet TRAILS announce a new video and details of a Kickstarter project to fund their forthcoming debut album!
Following a two week European headline tour, the band have revealed the video for their new track ‘Egos At The Door’ and announced news of their debut album ‘Crooked Trees’ to be funded by a Kickstarter project launched today. The new single is the first track to be taken from the album.
See the Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1184331850/trails-crooked-trees-debut-album
“At the beginning of 2013 we released our second EP ‘Signs’ – a more brash and hardcore infused follow up to our self-titled debut” explain the band of their future plans “We decided it was the opportune time to start work on our first ever full length, and set ourselves the challenge of writing and recording it all within the space of 12 months.”
“We need your help to fund the release of our debut album – from the recording costs that rack up, to the pressing and printing costs of vinyls and CDs, it don’t come cheap. Everything we do is self funded, and we can only continue to write and release music with your help!”
Circling the underground rock scene like a ravenous shark for the past two years, so far taking their unique sound across boundaries from Dundee to Brighton and Amsterdam to Nuremburg, Trails encapsulate the positivity of punk rock, with raw vocals and a freedom of expression that eludes most of their contemporaries set alongside a vicious, concentrated barrage of guitars and a strong work ethic.
Tour dates with the likes of breakthrough UK bands like Arcane Roots, The Computers, Tellison, Don Broco and Scholars, as well as appearances at Great Escape and Beach Break Festivals, are already marking these boys out as ones to watch – get on board now while you’re still ahead of the curve.
UK Live Dates:
26th July – Stencil Fest 2014, Chepstow (w/ Darko, Lay It On The Line + more)
Will Duff – Guitar & B. Vocals
Sam Hopper – Vocals & Guitar
James Candler – Bass & B. Vocals
Adam Rains – Drums & B. Vocals
- Guidford based quartet TRAILS release new video; new album 'Crooked Trees' out Sept.22
- Guidford based angular-punk quartet Trails announce final show and music video
- Musical collective Natalie Pryce kickstarter campaign to fund new album Vol. II: The Ascent from Ego to Ego”
- The Nearly Deads announce new single, kickstarter, Pridefest and Paper Dolls tour w/City of the Weak and Kaleido
- The Nearly Deads release debut album 'Invisible Tonight' Jun.24; Paper Dolls tour May 15
- Post Hardcore / Experimental band Set To Stun sign to Tragic Hero Records