Based in the UK, Witchingseason are a dark alt-rock trio who certainly know how to write music that makes an impression. Not for the faint of heart, their music is a cacophony of heavy guitar riffs, riotous drums and coarse, melodic vocals that are tailor made for rock audiences to shout right back at the band.
Building a reputation for being real hard workers, the single drops soon having only released their debut EP in November. You can hear the track here, including backing vocals from none other than Tommy Smith of Leogun:
It’s not hard to see how this sound can make an impact, its immediacy speaks for itself and is the reason why not too long ago the band were able to play a huge live show at the prestigious 100 Club in London. And 2015 is set to keep up that momentum, with the single out on April 27th plus an exciting gig coming up at Camden Barfly on July 10th, with more dates to follow when work is completed on the summer album they have planned.
“The band boasts a wealth of rocking talent…heavy and impressive guitar riffs teamed with fierce drum beats all stitched together with Reynolds coarse and captivating vocals.” – Soundscape Magazine
“meaty riffs” – Bring The Noise UK
“a grungy, gritty, psychedelia-tinged alt.rock sound” – TeamRock.com
“they make their music sound very deep and dirty” – Metal Temple
- Witchingseason release new single ‘Codeine’ ahead of EP launch on Nov.10
- Scottish rock band Preacher spread the word on April 13th with 'Signals'
- September Mourning releases new single 'Children of Fate' from new album produced by Howard Benson
- L.A.-based alt-rock group Charming Liars announce US tour dates to support brand new single 'Burn'
- UK alt-rock four piece Go Primitive ready release of '100 Ways' EP
- Blank Paper release new single 'Whip'; new EP out July 1