Hailing from Manchester, UK foursome Rixton are lead singer and rhythm guitarist Jake Roche, 21, bass/keys, backing vocalist Danny Wilkin, 23, lead guitarist and backing vocalist, Charley Bagnall, 23, and drummer Lewi Morgan, 23.
Jake and Danny started writing together 3 years ago in Danny’s parents caravan. Two years later they were introduced to Charley through mutual friends and year later they stumbled upon Lewi in a back alley of a Manchester pub (playing pots and pans) and asked him to join the band. Drawing comparisons to Maroon 5, Rixton offer up a wealth of addictive pop/rock/R&B built on their own brand of songwriting, instrumentation and vocal harmonies. The band has been steadily gaining a large YouTube following from their reimagined covers of tracks including Taylor Swift’s “Trouble”,Rita Ora’s “How We Do (Party)”, Chris Brown’s “Don’t Wake Me Up” , R. Kelly’s “Ignition” eventually catching the ear of talent manager Scooter Braun. Their video for debut track “Make Out,” a guitar-driven, hook-laced party anthem has already reached over 1 million YouTube views. Working with producer Benny Blanco, Rixton are set to deliver their debut album on School Boy/Giant Little Man/Mad Love/Interscope Records later this year.
- Rixton acoustic video performing 'Appreciated' on Vegas hotel balcony
- Check out Rixton's performance at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards
- UK band Rixton releases official video for 'Hotel Ceiling' co-written by Ed Sheeran
- UK Pop/Rock band Rixton release music video 'Make Out'
- MTV Unveils Echosmith as 2014 "Artist To Watch"
- Australia's Moses Gunn Collective release new music video 'Shalala'