The Musebox today announced that UK rock n’ roller Scarlette has been invited to join the 2015 Passport Approved West Coast USA tour in February and March, alongside New Beat Fund, Buffalo Sunn, These Reigning Days and Forest Blakk!. Since emerging in 2011, Scarlette has built a solid live following, helped by support tours with Caro Emerald, Mike & The Mechanics, and Roachford. Scarlette has also scored consecutive BBC Radio 2 playlists for her singles “Crash & Burn” and “Elated.” Passport Approved has been credited by the global music industry with playing a part in pushing artists such as Adele, Lorde, Lily Allen, The Temper Trap, Gotye, The Ting Tings and hundreds of others on to global success. More information on Scarlette is available on her official site.
“We have fluffy pop princesses aplenty, so it’s about time we had a proper rock chick,” cooed Star Magazine of Scarlette. BBC Radio 2 put her on the playlist twice, with her single “Crash & Burn” and again with “Elated.” Positive reviews have appeared in the Daily Mirror, Daily Star, Music Week, NME and Popjustice.
“A riotous and fierce romp of jangling guitars, pounding drums, and stadium-filler choruses.”
Scarlette’s slot on the Passport Approved tour will not be her first venture to the West Coast. She has performed multiple times at the Hard Rock Café in Hollywood and the legendary Viper Room on the Sunset Strip. These shows resulted in her 2013 EP Single White Female, produced by acclaimed collaborators Steve Lironi (Hanson, Bon Jovi), Tommy Faragher (Dusty Springfield, Al Green), Pete Craigie (Bellowhead, Seth Lakeman), and Ash Howes (Texas, Ellie Goulding).
Scarlette has since been writing and recording her new album, Attack of the 6ft Woman. The record is co-produced by Scarlette and Julian Emery (Lissie) and Paul Simm (Neneh Cherry,) as well as by Cenzo Townshend (Snow Patrol, Florence and The Machine) and Pete Craigie as remixers. Scarlette recently released a stunning cover of Erasure’s classic “A Little Respect,” in celebration of the legalization of same-sex marriage – a momentous occasion close to Scarlette’s heart since she came out in 2014.
Tour Dates: Passport Approved Spring 2015
- Friday, February 27 – Phoenix (The Rogue)
- Sunday, March 1 – Los Angeles (Viper Room)
- Monday, March 2 – Fresno (Fulton 55)
- Tuesday, March 3 – Santa Cruz/Carmel (The Attic @ The Atrium)
- Wednesday, March 4 – Sacramento (The Boardwalk)
- Friday, March 6 – Portland (The Doug Fir)
Sunday, March 8 – Seattle (The Crocodile)
- UK rocker Scarlette speaks her mind on gender expectations in new video '6ft Woman'
- Gabrielle Aplin relases 'English Rain' EP; Video of Joni Mitchell cover
- Rachel Ann Weiss debuts first track from new heartfelt EP 'Too...Something'
- Introducing Vuurwerk, an electronic trio from Brussels, drawing power from emotional suggestion and tactile sensation
- Sinead O'Connor Announces Fall Tour Dates to support album, How About I Be Me (And You Be You)? Out Now
- Seether redefine the phrase aging gracefully with new video 'Same Damn Life'