The MuseBox today announced that Los Angeles’s Owenstone have released a lyric video for their new single “Summer Lane.” The video premiered exclusively on Earmilk. Written and directed by Peter Quinn, the “Summer Lane” video personifies the song with an adventurous young boy who runs away from home on his motorcycle. Owenstone have received rave reviews all along the West Coast for writing orchestral and multi-layered rock songs that are “gorgeous and instantly accessible” (SkopeMag.com). The “Summer Lane” single – a preview of Owenstone’s upcoming EP – is available on the band’s official site.
Owen, who wrote the lyrics floating in a boat on a fishing trip, describes “Summer Lane” as “that yearning voice in your daydreams, that calls and demands your departure from the all-too-often trivialities of day-to-day life. That point when you just have to drop everything and escape, even if you don’t know where you’re going. That place is Summer Lane.”
According to the The Music Ninja, “Frontman Nathan Owen’s vocals meander gently between the layers of melody–melody laced with coastal vibes, clasped to rivulets of strings that tether it aimlessly to both blacktop and countryside. A solo, redolent of sitar, adds timelessness to the contemporary–sealing a spot on my summer go-to playlists for years to come.”
- MAY 24th – Club Los Globos – Los Angeles, CA
(with Jef Joslin, Blackcoat, and others)
- MAY 30th – Artifice – Las Vegas, NV
(with Dreamland and Nineteen Eightyfour)
For more sights, sounds and news from Owenstone, visit
- We are Shining insane knife throwing, dancing video for 'Killing'
- Sampology releases new single 'Show Me' as free download
- Mickey Avalon releases new video for title track of 'I Get Even' EP
- Alt-Pop duo Yell For Help release video for 'Trigger Happy'
- Minor Alps (Juliana Hatfield / Matthew Caws) debut music video for "Waiting For You"
- Charly Bliss releases debut video 'Love Me'; House Party dates and free download