Jackson, MS-based ambient post rock outfit, Waypoint, newly signed to Spartan Records (Over The Ocean, Shy, Low), are debuting a new lyric video for their current single, “Solus.” To view the clip, visit: http://youtu.be/1esayDlKw-k.
The band’s forthcoming EP is due out this fall. Here’s a teaser video: http://youtu.be/b0-jbHYbwxA.
Emerging from the fertile musical soil of Jackson, Mississippi and slaying stages since 2009, Waypoint has turned thousands of heads with what critics have described as a “unique and new experience in heavy, ambient post-rock.” With roots in the hardcore scene and hearts in the indie world, Waypoint has successfully managed to bridge the gap between the two genres and developed an unrepeatable sound of their own.
Waypoint’s debut release “Good and Well” arose from the embers of tragedy and followed the passing of the band’s best friend and bass player Emezie Harrison. The LP sent the band in a much darker and emotive direction, and they began to venture into deeper musical waters, exploring the influential sounds of grunge and post-rock alongside their hardcore/emo roots. Waypoint returned to the studio in the summer of 2012 to record the EP “Hollow Ground” and followed the release with extensive touring, sharing the stage with the likes of As Cities Burn, Colour Revolt, Sainthood Reps, and The Weeks.
In 2013 Waypoint re-entered the studio (The Refinery in Nashville) and focused their effort on an individual hard-hitting single titled “Solus”. “Solus” (latin for ‘alone’) marked the bands darkest and most mature material to date and caught the attention of several indie tastemakers, including Spartan Records. It did not take long for the label and band to enter into a musical love affair, and for Waypoint to find their true home with Spartan.
The band will be headed into the studio this summer to record their forthcoming EP. Please check www.spartanrecords.com frequently for updates, tour dates, and sneak peaks.
- Spartan Records Releases Free Download Sampler Featuring Tracks From Schematic, Daisyhead, Mae, Shy, Low and More
- Waypoint release lyric video and details for their new EP on Spartan Records
- Schematic, New Project of Dave Elkins From MAE Signs with Spartan Records
- Schematic, new project of Dave Elkins from MAE posts lyric video for lead single "Stand"
- States "Paradigm" Limited Edition Vinyl LP Available For Pre-Order Now via Spartan Records
- Young Fox releases ‘Predecessors' EP today on Spartan Records