Earlier this month saw Montrose achieve their latest milestone, release of E.P ‘Monster Under The Bed’. The six tracker sees the quartet – comprised of Jason Bishop (Vocals), Sam Chard (Guitar), Jake Matthews (Drums) Ben Curd (Bass) – taking a pop rock, laden with bursts of staccato and punchy guitar, approach to their previously straighter pop punk sound. Still bristling with the kind of infectious vocal hooks you’d expect, Monster Under The Bed supplies a sound comparable to output of the likes of Four Year Strong, Funeral For A Friend or Thrice, where riffs and memorable melody collided with kinetic synergy.
Following up this release, Montrose have unveiled their latest video single for penultimate EP track ‘Good Old Days’. Discussing the video and keeping it casual, Bishops states: “We decided to go with a nostalgic kind of vibe, which is why we put it through a VHS after we got the final cut of the video. This ties in with the theme of the song itself. It’s just a bunch of clips of us dicking around on our last tour!”
Monster Under The Bed Track Listing:
- The End Game
- Walking Contradiction
- Good Old Days
- Fit For A King
Catch the Bath quartet on these announced dates :
June 19th – O2 Academy – Bristol w/ Beyond Recall, Continents, The Afterparty
July 4th – Stag & Hounds – Bristol w/ Six Time Champion, Homebound
July 9th – Fat Lil’s – Witney w/ Weak Knees
July 11th – Fuel – Cardiff w/ Glue Foot, Tigerstyle, Last Vendetta, My Life For Hire
July 22nd – Exchange – Bristol w/ Blood Youth, Trash Boat
- Watch Video Single ‘Good Old Days’: https://youtu.be/WhKcrALP7aU
- ‘Monster Under The Bed’ was released on June 15th 2015:
- Melodic UK pop punk band Montrose share details for upcoming EP 'Monster Under The Bed'
- Spotlight: Pop/R&B singer LIZ; check out her video and EP
- Songwriter Haley Pharo releases new video for 'Prisoner'
- Spotlight: Cleveland Indie pop band These Knees
- NYC soul-pop artist Shilpa releases 'Baby Go Home' video
- Mysterious new band Seyr announce new EP 'Nights Without' and video for 'Tainted'