Dream-pop purveyors Wild Ones have announced a co-headline tour with fellow Portland indie rockers Radiation City, that kicks off Nov 15 in Eugene and runs through December 4. See dates below.
Wild Ones’ latest full-length ‘Keep It Safe’ was released in April 2014 via Topshelf Records, with none other than TIME Magazine naming them a “Musical Act to Watch in 2014.”
Stream the LP here.
Photo credit: Heather Hawke
All the members’ experiences inform pop music that is influenced by everything from German techno to American R&B. These are sounds that don’t usually come packaged together, but in the able hands of Wild Ones, they seem a perfectly natural fit, and critics agree.
What others are saying about Wild Ones:
“The group’s debut album, last year’s Keep It Safe, took a long year to record and even longer to release. Even so, despite all the craft and care that went into the album, the songs still feel casual.” -NPR Music
“In a music world where synth-heavy electro-pop frequently has its tongue firmly in its cheek, it can be difficult to know when a group is displaying a sincere love for the sound vs aping it for hipster points. There’s no doubt that the quintet Wild Ones is in the former camp. Check out the sparkling “Paia” from 2013’s Keep It Safe” -WNYC
“The melodic grace of singer Danielle Sullivan is undeniable, while the band’s mix of buoyant synth-pop and familiar indie-rock keeps things moving ever forward.” -Spin
‘Keep It Safe’ is available for purchase here.
Nov 15 Eugene, OR WOW Hall
Nov 18 Sacramento, CA Witch Room
Nov 20 Los Angeles, CA No Vacancy
Nov 21 Merced, CA The Partisan
Nov 22 Santa Cruz, CA Crepe Place
Nov 23 San Francisco Rickshaw Stop
Nov 29 Portland, OR Star Theatre
Dec 02 Boise, ID The Crux
Dec 03 Spokane, WA The Bartlett
Dec 4 Seattle, WA The Crocodile
- Wild Ones release 'Keep It Safe' Apr.1 on Topshelf Records, tour dates and Free Download
- Wild Ones kick off West coast tour in support new album out now on Topshelf Records
- Wild Ones release new video 'Paia'; album pre-order and tour details
- Wild Ones debut "From Nothing" Music Video; Named a TIME Mag "Act To Watch" in 2014
- Special Explosion releases new track 'Hide' from new EP out Feb.25 on Topshelf Records
- Falling In Reverse announces 'Supervillains tour' with Attila, Metro Station and Assuming We Survive