Red Bank, New Jersey-based foursome Young Rising Sons will release their self-titled debut EP July 22nd on Dirty Canvas/Interscope Records. The four-track set includes the blissed-out, whistle-laced first single “High” which has already garnered praise from tastemakers across the globe including Radio One’s Zane Lowe naming the song his “Next Hype” track. The black-and-white, lo-fi video for “High” can be viewed on Vevo now.
Young Rising Sons will spend the rest of the summer on the road. They kick off a tour today opening for Miniature Tigers, will spend August out with Little Daylight and then join Kongos on tour in September.
Founded in 2010, Young Rising Sons came to be when lead guitarist Dylan Scott, bassist Julian Dimagiba and drummer Steve Patrick (all New Jersey natives who had played music together throughout high school) saw lead singer Andy Tongren performing an acoustic set at a New York City bar and approached him about singing for their newly formed band. Bound by a love of melody-minded songwriters like Tom Petty and high-energy punk bands such as Green Day, Young Rising Sons struggled to find considerable success with their music over the next few years, but continued to push forward with their songwriting and playing. In late 2013, mutual friends introduced Tongren to New York based producers Shep Goodman and Aaron Accetta, who were instantly floored by the scope of Tongren’s voice and quickly signed them to Dirty Canvas Music (Goodman and Accetta’s New York-based production company) and recorded a batch of new songs. Young Rising Sons released “High” along with the accompanying video shot in their home turf of New Jersey. Following the post-“High” buzz, Young Rising Sons soon landed a deal with Interscope Records and started working on their EP.
- Little Daylight releases 'My Life' (friends edit) video feat. The Griswolds and Young Rising Sons
- Imagine Dragons to release new album 'Smoke + Mirrors' Feb.17th on KIDinaKORNER/Interscope Records
- INTERSCOPE RECORDING ARTIST MATEO RELEASES WE’VE MET BEFORE EP
- EMINEM ANNOUNCES NEW ALBUM; THE MARSHALL MATHERS LP 2 TO BE RELEASED ON NOVEMBER 5
- Matthew Koma release The Cherrytree Sessions ep on CherryTree/Darkchild/Interscope Records
- Memphis May Fire release new song 'Beneath The Skin'; stream now