Photo Credit: Shervin Lainez
Philadelphia’s Young Statues make the sort of ethereal indie rock that has the ability to catch the casual listener off-guard. Earnest and introspective without being cloying, it’s easy to be swept away in the tracks without realizing just how intricate each of them are. What began as an impromptu road trip to a studio in Athens, Georgia in 2010 for lead singer and songwriter Carmen Cirignano soon developed into Young Statues as the promise he and others saw in those early sessions became apparent.
Run For Cover Records will release The Flatlands Are Your Friend, the band’s sophomore full-length on October 21, 2014. For this record, Young Statues returned to Chase Park Transduction Studio, the site of their first demos, to record with Andy LeMaster (Saddle Creek) and local studio staple Drew Vandenberg. The result is 11 richly intricate, textured tracks that are arguably the best songs yet from the quartet. Lush and brooding, The Flatlands Are Your Friend sees the group challenging themselves in new ways, with a result that is as impressive as it is rewarding for the listener.
The Flatlands Are Your Friend follows their critically-acclaimed, 2013 Ace Enders-produced EP Age Isn’t Ours on Run For Cover Records and their eponymously titled 2011 full-length debut. Album art and the track listing can be seen below. More information and music will be released soon.
02. Run The River Dry
03. Don’t Fight The Mirage
04. Got The Knife
05. No Shadow
07. Further Away
08. Flatlands (pt. 2)
09. Ain’t A Bad Thing To Lose
10. White Noise
11. Strangers In A Dream
10/22 – New York, NY @ CMJ
10/23 – Long Island, NY @ Amityville Music Hall w/ Little Big League, Dryjacket
10/24 – Philadelphia, PA @ Kung Fu Necktie w/ Dryjacket
- Run For Cover Records 2013 CMJ Showcase
- Man Overboard Announce Headline Eastern Canadian and US Fall Tour Dates with Support from Real Friends and Young Statues
- Young Statues and NGHBRS Announce Fall Co-Headline Run
- Man Overboard Announce Support For Their Lost Tape Collective Holiday Show on 12/30
- Fireworks acoustic EP on Triple Crown Records; tour dates with Young Statues and Better Off
- Sir Sly releases cover of Arcade Fire 'Afterlife'