Youth League, the post-pop trio from Wilmington, NC, has released a new music video for a song off their debut EP First. The instrumentally-driven track, “For John,” shuffles in nonchalantly before exploding into a passionate and aggressive climax. The song pushes and pulls frantically while still being able to find a solid groove and shows how much can be said in a song without any words.
“For John is about loss. Written for a family member Zack and Mike lost recently. The decision to write a song without words reflects the idea that there are no words for the loss of a loved one.” -Youth League.
Their debut EP First was released on 4/21 via the Cardigan Records. The six track record clocks in at just 16 minutes and marries rough punk edges with pop sensibility.
Buy First on iTunes
Upcoming Tour with Iselia and Bear Girl.
July 9th, 2015 – Atlanta, GA @ The 529
July 10th, 2015 – Augusta, GA @ Sky City
July 11th, 2015 – Chapel Hill, NC @ Local 506
July 12th, 2015 – Glen Rock, PA @ The Hoe Down Throw Down
July 14th, 2015 – Richmond, VA @ Creative Artspace
July 15th, 2015 – Baltimore, MD @ The Side Bar
July 16th, 2015 – Philadelphia, PA @ Kung Fu Necktie
July 17th, 2015 – Dover, NJ @ Baker Theatre
July 29th, 2015 – Wilmington, NC @ Reggies 42nd Street Tavern
July 30th, 2015 – Southern Pines, NC @ Willies
July 31st, 2015 – Winston Salem, NC @ The Garage
- Post-Hardcore Group Iselia Launch "First Strike"
- Bear Girl's Unsettling "Occurrence IV - The Quintessential End" Video will leave you Quivering
- Cardigan Records announces signing of Iselia form North Carolina
- Post-Pop Trio Youth League Sign with Cardigan Records
- Slowriter to join Bear Girl and Capital Arms on Summer tour
- Time Spent Driving Release New Album, 'Passed And Presence'